Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first one the will be installed at a home.
So glad!

Sorry for the Dutch.

* tot 6 keer sneller laden dan een normale AC lader.
* modulair systeem waardoor u in de toekomst kunt upgraden
* Dynamic Load Balancing
* Direct Solar Charging
* Innovatieve OCCP communicatie technologie
* Robuuste behuizing (IP65)
* Snelladen zonder uw aansluiting te verzwaren (3x 25A - 12 kW)
* Custom made behuizing voor de liefhebber!

Wilt u meer weten over de mogelijkheden van onze EVDC home charger. Neem contact op via [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
Auto translation
Load up to 6 times faster than a normal AC charger.
* Modular system allowing you to upgrade in the future * Dynamic Load balancing * Direct Solar Charging * Innovative OCCP communication technology * Rugged Housing (IP65) * Fast charge without weighing your connection (3x 25A-12 KW) * Custom made casing For the lover!

Would you like to know more about the possibilities of our EVDC home charger. Please contact via [email protected]

·
Registered
233 Posts
Very nice Balleur, what is the price?

·
Registered
528 Posts
how are you connected ?
It says "..12kW..." but what power have you installed and from where are you taking this ?

25A at 230v is about 6kW, so I'm guessing it takes power from either 2 phases or from all 3 phases of a 3 phase supply ? Or something different ... ?

·
Registered
325 Posts
What is the maximum number of amps it supports? I have seen DC chargers for home use that promise 10kw, but with 20A limit. An I-pace would than max at 8kw on such 10kw DC charger. What is the amp limit for this DC charger?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Peter P said:
I have 2 DC Chargers (http://jfy-tech.net/ev-charger/) , one at home and one at my company, the I Pace car battery can be charged with a maximum of 471 Volt but normaly does about 440 V (between 20 and 80 % SOC).
440V x 20A = 8,8 kW.
The drop to 400 V is at the last 10 to 15%
That can't be correct. Empty cells have a lower voltage than "full" cells. Voltage can't drop when cells hold more energy. I-Pace starts somewhere around 380 and will finish around 420 if I am correct. Slightly higher than other cars.

So when empty, charging with 20A will "only" result in speeds comparable with AC (as long as you have 32Amps circuit breakers). My home connection is unfortunately limited to 3x25A, so I currently use 1x24A AC, resulting in 5,5kW. I can't justify a couple of thousand euro's extra for the slight increase by the DC charger so far. In case I really need it (few times a year), I will go to a 22kW public AC charger, giving me also similar 7,4kW and will leave it there overnight. All other days, the AC charger at home will be sufficient.

Don't be fooled by claims of 10+kW DC charging at an i-Pace when there is a 20A limit at the charger! So checkout the Amp limit at the DC charger before buying it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello Kokkie and 118,

Kokkie:
Price, ex factory in China is 2.200 USD for the 15 kW and 3.680,- USD for the 30 kW
Transport was no issue, I bought them from the fair E move 360 in Munich, they did not want to take them back in the plane.
118:
It starts loading and the voltage goes up to 445 V.
I always get 30 kW in the range from 15% to 80% SOC, when the voltage is down the Amps go up

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My dc charger supplier said that there was a huge difference in used components. For example; what happens if you Break the charging cable. It should shut of in millisecond. Dc is deadly. Period. Please be
Sure the dc charger is tested and save. I choose a company the delivers this solutions to big companies and cities. They just made a smaller version suitable for home. The components used are the newest and future prove for vehicle to home functionality.

I choose for a 6 meter cable which tops up the price with a heavy upgrade
Price.
With dc charger please choose your supplier AND manufacturer wisely. Dc is
Seriously dangerous.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Peter P said:
Hello Snoerd,
I can be mistaken, sorry for that.
The charger always gives 30 kW, sometimes at 440 V (app 70Amps), sometimes at 380 V (app 80 Amps).
I did not write down at wat time and % SOC.
That would be great! It would be the first DC charger that is not limited by the number of Amps! All other DC chargers I have seen have a limit on Amps, not on output power. Also the Setec DC home chargers (e.g. 20A on the 10kW DC charger). Even the Ionity or Fasned chargers are limited by Amps, not by total output power. Which makes sense, by the way, if you know a bit more about current, voltage and power in DC systems. So make sure you have a written statement on this and then benefit from it!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello Snoerd,
The Amps are limeted but for the 15 kW charger to 40 Amps and the 30 kW to 90 Amps.
15000 W / 40 Amps = 375 V, it functions full from 375 V to the maximum of the car wich is 471 V as shown when I tap BMS information on the LCD screen.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Peter P said:
Hello Snoerd,
The Amps are limeted but for the 15 kW charger to 40 Amps and the 30 kW to 90 Amps.
15000 W / 40 Amps = 375 V, it functions full from 375 V to the maximum of the car wich is 471 V as shown when I tap BMS information on the LCD screen.
Cool! Really great specs!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts