Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might be of interest to people that have access to 100kw chargers, my car was in the dealers having the Apple CarPlay update this morning and they said they also applied a separate update to enable 100kw charging. They said the update was dated today.

·
Registered
755 Posts
scott said:
Might be of interest to people that have access to 100kw chargers, my car was in the dealers having the Apple CarPlay update this morning and they said they also applied a separate update to enable 100kw charging. They said the update was dated today.
Nice. I'm picking up my Jag tomorrow.
Hopefully all updates are in. And hopefully there are more to come later.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Just curious about this. I've read similar "my car was in the dealer for an update" posts over the last few days. Are these not being offered as Over The Air updates? Seems odd to have to take the car in for this kind of stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I understand some updates are over the air while others can only be done by the dealer at present. The two updates I've had done today 100kw charging and Apple CarPlay / Android auto are dealer updates only.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Before that 100KW charging update the battery software was 13.2

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
The CarPlay update is related to the Infotainment software.
Then there is the battery management system software - version 13.2 before the latest update

·
Registered
179 Posts
I checked my update settings but the screen tells me no update is available.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I will know more to morrow when I collect my care which stayed 24hours at the dealer garage for a minor issue . I have asked for the update .

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have asked my Dutch dealer this morning. There is in fact a major update available with the 100 kw charge update in it (it was expected in January 2019), but it also has to be installed by the dealer because the whole system (i believe 6 or 7 modules) has to be overwritten and it will take at least 4-6 hours. They tried to install it on their democar but it did not proceed after starting it, so JLR first has to make some adjustments for the update in order to be installed properly.

Furthermore, the update will bring a broader OTA option but some major updates (eg. for motormanagement) will still have to be installed by the dealer as long as there is any risc of a car not getting through the update and then has to be put on transport to dealer. As soon as JLR has refined the update process (with an automatic reset to the old systemversion in case of any problem whilst installing the update) the updates can be distributed through air.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
DrPhil said:
I have asked my Dutch dealer this morning. There is in fact a major update available with the 100 kw charge update in it (it was expected in January 2019), but it also has to be installed by the dealer because the whole system (i believe 6 or 7 modules) has to be overwritten and it will take at least 4-6 hours. They tried to install it on their democar but it did not proceed after starting it, so JLR first has to make some adjustments for the update in order to be installed properly.

Furthermore, the update will bring a broader OTA option but some major updates (eg. for motormanagement) will still have to be installed by the dealer as long as there is any risc of a car not getting through the update and then has to be put on transport to dealer. As soon as JLR has refined the update process (with an automatic reset to the old systemversion in case of any problem whilst installing the update) the updates can be distributed through air.
Thanks for the information - I just hope all above as well as the half-shaft issue on some VIN numbers is not going to impact my I-pace collection this Sunday. Really looking forward to getting the car and take if for a nice drive afterwards.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
DrPhil said:

Thanks for sharing that info.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts