Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My original Good Year tyres are near the end of their life. I don't feel like entering winter with worn summer tyres.
Now our winters aren't particularly harsh. I did some research and concluded that I will run All Season tyres in winter, probably switch to summer tyres for summer. Modern all seasons are very close to winter tyres in proper winter conditions but considerably better than winter or summer tyres in our typical winter conditions - cold but rarely freezing, often wet.

Anyway, I run 20inches, 245/50. There isn't much available that ticks all boxes in this size (low rolling resistance, quiet) especially not in All Season or Winter.
However, in 255/50R20 there is much more choice. In particular I am looking at Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season.
The problem is that 'according to the book', for the 8in wide wheels (8J20), 245 is the widest tyre that is advised.

So: is anybody with 20in wheels running on wider tyres than the original 245-sections?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here in the States, my problem has been finding tires for the 20 inch rims that also have the required load rating. There is a Michelin Pilot Sport summer tire in the correct size, but it falls a little short on the max load rating. It's also more expensive than the Goodyears and has half of the wear rating (220 for the Pilots and 560 for the Eagles).

The Goodyear Eagles on my I Pace are all-season and I don't see that I can get it in a summer tire. Are you able to source summer tire version in Europe?

The Eagles have worn well (I have plenty of tread at 30,000 miles), but I'm not in love with them. I simply can't find any alternative.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I replaced my worn out Goodyears with Bridgestone 20" after about 60.000 km. Not recommended as the Brigdestones suffered form cupping (according to dealer) three out of four tires within 10.000 km.
Now I have recently replaced them with the original Goodyear F1 eagles 20" summer tires. Dealer had to search for them. Quite difficult to find apparently.

I also do have winter rims (20") with Pirelli winter tires on them. Performed very well last winter with lot of snow (The Netherlands, mind you. 2 cm is already a lot and results in traffic infarction). I think I change to winter tires at the and of october

·
Registered
23 Posts
I run the Good Year all season version of your summer tyres, they're fine, and pretty easy to find. I wouldn't go 255 section; reckon range would suffer a fair bit...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Grunt,
Just fitted these today, I had the same wheels on my F Pace with these winter Tyres.
They look great on the I Pace and the tyres are what you are looking for.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts