Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently changing my iPACE to a newer 2021 model. The dealer says the 3-pin plug socket cable (provided with my current iPACE) is no longer provided as standard. Is this correct?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yep MY2021 here - came with granny cable and an AC cable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
As I just ordered my I pace…is the cable like this one?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi
As I just ordered my I pace…is the cable like this one?

Yes it’s still exactly like that.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yep, not cheap and I would recommend anyone looking to purchase one to get a variable voltage one. They can be purchased a fair bit cheaper and any decent one will do.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you are expecting to use the granny charger much while travelling, it might be worth thinking about longer cables and weather-proofing. I was worried about using domestic adaptors and extension leads, so I bought a Commando charger and then picked up a 25m extension cable and heads with UK 13A, European Schuko and Swiss Type J plugs from a camping shop.
Blue Natural material Rope Jewellery Electric blue

It's rated to supply 16A continuously, although it's only safe to do that when using a Commando socket directly. (The charger defaults to 10A and has to be switched to 16A.) The charger seems to cope with reversed live-neutral polarity which matters for some Schuko sockets.
It even all fits in the froot still leaving room for a 5m Type 2 cable.

·
Registered
304 Posts
For those interested. Thirdrockenergy.co.uk have these I-Pace style variable chargers on sale. 10m for £190, 5m ones for £160 and 7m ones for £170.

I bought the 10m one so I can eliminate the need for my tough leads 15m extension cable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts