Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The production version of the all-electric Jaguar I-Pace hasn't been revealed yet, but 500 people have already reserved the model, according to Jaguar UK boss Jeremy Hicks.

He also confirmed that 50% of Jaguars model line-up will be all-electric or hybrid by 2020 and said the expense of all-electric powertrains means it's "simple logic that these models start higher up in the model range".

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is it 500 pre-orders in the UK or worldwide?
He may be the UK boss it's not clear from that statement whether his is just referring to the domestic market.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think it has to be UK only. Norwegian importer said at the showing of the concept in Oslo that they had 650 people in Norway that have put down a deposit.

https://elbil.no/650-nordmenn-har-bestilt-denne-omsvermede-elbilen/

The article is in norwegian but it quotes Country Manager for Norway saying: "Jaguar Norway has set a new record in preordered cars with the I-Pace. Around 650 have paid deposit".

Jaguar sold around 450 veichles IN TOTAL in the entire Norway in 2016 so this puts the 650 deposits in quite some perspective!

·
Administrator
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sequential said:
Is it 500 pre-orders in the UK or worldwide?
He may be the UK boss it's not clear from that statement whether his is just referring to the domestic market.
I got the impression it was UK only. It was taken from a snippet in this weeks Auto Car magazine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.