Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 24hr extended test drive the other day. See p17 of the I-Pace Test Drives thread. It left me with a few questions (which theoretically my dealer should be able to answer, but I think owners who have lived with the car for a few weeks have better product knowledge than dealers!). So, if anyone is able to answer the following, I'd be grateful:

(1) Is there a display screen that shows charge rate in kW (or mph)? I could only find a display of range, %SoC, and time remaining.

(2) What charge rate do you actually get on a nominally 50kW Rapid Charger? I calculated that I only got 34kW (at 50% SoC). I'm hoping this was a duff chargepoint rather than the norm.

(3) What is the best way to release a charge cable? Is pressing "unlock" on the key fob the only way?

(4) Can you set the access height (with air, obviously) to be raised? I guess JLR are used to the idea of lowering something like a Discovery to aid access; but with an I-Pace, especially alongside a kerb, I'd find it easier if raised. (Or am I just showing my age?)

(5) Do the Matrix LED headlights steer to shine round a corner (eg entering a drive)?

(6) SatNav(1): is there a graphical indication of traffic? I could only find a text screen.

(7) SatNav(2): Can you set a default to suppress voice instructions, or do you have to do it every time?

(8) SatNav(3): in 2-D N-up, is there an option to offset the view (ie to see less of the road behind you, more in front)?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
210 Posts
3. I am not sure, but u think "yes" :D
4. Yes, disable the "parking" setting and it won't lower. You cannot determine the exact height by yourself
6. I think it does but no so obvious as Google maps.
7. Once is enough

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
1. No
2. On the few I tried I got around 45kw.
3. Yes unlock on keyfob or small red cable under the bonnet if cable is stuck.
5. Didn't notice it but they light wide enough
6. Yes road are shown in different colours
7. Yes. I did that.
8. I use only 3d Google maps in wich it's possible. So I suppose to in 2D

·
Registered
122 Posts
2. Stay away from Electric Highway whose chargers manage 35kW if you're lucky. I've seen between 45 and 50 kW on Polar and particularly Instavolt chargers. The latter are often on introductory free vend as well. They also work almost all the time unlike EH.
3. Unlock via key fob but be aware that the cable relocks after about 20-30 seconds. I didn't realise that and it kept me unnecessarily amused for quite a while one day.
Can't help you on sat nav as I use CarPlay and Google Maps or Waze.
Also steel springs and budget headlights :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
5. Did notice the automatic high beam Matrix very clearly but I haven't noticed the peeking around corners yet. My MB C350E did this very nicely and IMHO the LED lighting was a lot brighter than the Jaguar's

·
Registered
755 Posts
4. If you choose high at low speed before parking the car will stay "high" when parked even if access height is chosen in the menu.

·
Registered
41 Posts
(1) Whilst you are charging the In Control App shows charge added per hour as a % of battery. You can only access this App when your car is handed over with the VIN allocated to you.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Many thanks to all for your helpful responses.

All seems ok for me; but I just don't understand why Jaguar doesn't provide a KW charge rate figure anywhere. I suppose %SoC/hr in the App is an acceptable substitute (just multiply by 0.85).

·
Registered
325 Posts
DougTheMac said:
All seems ok for me; but I just don't understand why Jaguar doesn't provide a KW charge rate figure anywhere. I suppose %SoC/hr in the App is an acceptable substitute (just multiply by 0.85).
Others reported that the percentage per hour sometimes result in speed that is totally impossible with the charger that it is connected to. So I doubt if it is an acceptable substitute...

My Nissan leaf 2.zero has the same issue. I connected it to a charger, but couldn't see it was only charging at 3 kw instead of the expected 6,5 kw. If I knew, I would have disconnected and connected to another charger. I was now forced to have a ten minute stop at a 50kw charger to get to my next destination. I could only calculate the charging speed when I saw time connected and kWh received on my online bill :-(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.