Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At last I have the car and it's great! Pushing the go faster pedal at 40mph is really dramatic. I even have a 120 mile journey today and 300 mile journey Wednesday and Thursday. So I shall find out if the chargers in the wild will be available and working - and work for me. Otherwise I shall find out how good the Jaguar roadside recovery system is....

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Very nice, many congratulations! . . how does it compare to the car you were driving before?
I think that combo looks great, esp with the light interior, wheels look very good too!
I'm thinking Firenze Red with a light interior would make a very nice refreshing EV alternative to my grey F-Pace.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Very nice, I had a Firenze Red RR with black roof and I always loved the colour.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Looks fab.. congrats. Looking forward to hearing how you get on with a long haul.!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
DaveR said:
Looks fab.. congrats. Looking forward to hearing how you get on with a long haul.!
Yes, that will be of interest!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And the bat signal that comes on a night in dark places---- Automotive lighting Tints and shades Electric blue Circle Road surface

Attachments

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
southd said:
And the bat signal that comes on a night in dark places----DSC_1185.jpg
Yeah a very cool feature - would be great if you can adjust "Jaguar" to your own choosen word/name

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did reply before but it seems to be missing. I used to drive a BMW 435d which was very quick, but nothing compared to the I-Pace. The long haul journey will now be in my wife's VW TROC, as yesterday's attempt at on the road charging left me with a non working connection that would not allow the plug to be removed from the car. No-one at Ecotricity or the dealer had a clue how to reset it when the standard procedure would not work. After about 30 minutes the car would not open the boot or bonnet and I was about to call Jaguar recovery, when the pump reset itself and I removed the plug and went on my way. Very unsatisfactory. I also have not found a way to restrict the charging to 80% or whatever at home so I suspect it will be 100% all the time until there is an OTA update to support that.

·
Registered
528 Posts
there is a small red cable just inside the bonnet next to the charging point that can be used to release a cable that is stuck (eg when the charger thinks it should be locked).
It's on the JLR introduction video that somebody posted on here recently.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Was the issue with the "pump" or the car?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To answer a few things, I couldn't open the bonnet to get to the release wire. Nobody seemed to know about the bonnet release in the driver footwell. The lock on of the connector I think is controlled by the car. Eventually either something timed out or I locked and unlocked the car enough times to get it to release. I am now a veteran of 4 different pump suppliers and have even had charges off 3 of them. Locking and unlocking once the charge has been stopped seems to free the connector, even when the pump seems to have lost the plot. The whole payment process is a mess, though, especially if the pumps are away from shelter and it's raining. Out of interest I managed to use 240 miles of estimated range on 220 miles actual, on a mostly motorway 70mph journey with heaters and lights. This is rather better than I have been doing on lots of short journeys where the yield is only about 75-80% actual to estimate.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
On some chargers I had to unlock the car a second time for the plug to be released (the car was unlock and I press a second time the unlock button on the remote).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts