Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

A tale of woe, any thoughts?

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  markdavidjolly 
#1 ·
I took delivery of a new i-pace on the 27th May, the next day found the air conditioning not working and its first trip back to the dealer. Early June the car showed a traction battery warning, I contacted the dealer who advised not to drive it and to call Jaguar assist. Jaguar assist applied a software update and said the car was fine. On the 20th June the car showed a battery fault warning and then shut down completely, I couldn't open/close the windows, lock the car, nothing. Again called Jaguar assist who said they would be approx.. 90 mins. After about 30 mins I tried to start the car again and everything started perfectly so cancelled the call out and arranged to return the car to the dealer. The dealer said they had applied 3 software updates and checked the car which was now ok and ready to collect. My wife went to collect it and when she started the car it showed the same battery fault warning but also other random electrical faults and the brake pedal started pumping up and down by itself :eek: .

In just over a month since delivery the car has broken down by the road side twice, been with the dealer for 11 days and they have still yet to diagnose the problem or at least tell me what the fault is.

I have now formally rejected the car and asked for a replacement but they appear to be stalling a bit, I suspect hoping to give themselves time to repair my car. If they are able to find and fix the fault do I accept my original car or hold out for a replacement?

See less See more
G
#2 ·
Sounds like a 12v battery related fault, symptoms are often somewhat bizarre. There are lots of posts related to this, some tracked back to the failure of the12v charging system. i guess that you use the same dealer as me: in Christchurch. I would hold out for a replacement car.

#3 ·
slowlane said:
Sounds like a 12v battery related fault, symptoms are often somewhat bizarre. There are lots of posts related to this, some tracked back to the failure of the12v charging system. i guess that you use the same dealer as me: in Christchurch. I would hold out for a replacement car.
May be better to get it fixed, the replacement might well have the same fault ....

#4 ·
Good Afternoon,

I am sorry to learn of your comments.

I would like to take the opportunity to investigate this further. For me to do this, please may I request that you provide the following information via private message

Your Vehicle Identification Number
Your contact number
The approved retailer you attended.

Thanks,

Becci - Jaguar UK

#5 ·
I have disappointingly had the same experience-I’ve escalated it to jlr customer relations,a whole cycle of warning lights and loss of power in the 8 months that’s I’ve owned the car,continuous random alerts from tracker saying the car has triggered a theft alert,radio volume turns itself up and down at high volumes,a whining noise at dead on 48mph! JLR have said to start off it has a faulty drive unit at a part cost of £4000 and is on back order with no ETA…I’ve googled today battery traction issues and it seems the ipace is a mind field of electrical issues.I’ve got no confidence in the car now and I’m going to back it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.