Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Sorry, I had to update again the zip file as I discovered today a typo on the previuos version. It won't affect the live data to ABRP but if you want to see the kwh in the battery in Torque Pro dashboard yuo have to use the v3 zip file.

Or, if you feel playing a little bit with formulas, you can enter in Torque Pro the extended pid menu, go to * Energy available line. You can fix yourself the formula by replacing:

((val{* Battery State of Charge Min})-1.75)*(val{* Battery State of Health Average}/100)*90.2/100

with

((val{* Battery State of Charge Min})-1.75)*(val{# Battery State of Health Average}/100)*90.2/100

and then click "Ok"

It's just a "#" instead of "*" ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sorry to repost my question, but I'm very keen to get some live data feeding into ABRP, I am hoping to be driving to some Scottish mountains a few times this winter, so live data and route planning via ABRP would be very beneficial.

Can anyone recommend what I need to buy please?

Thanks in advance,

Greg

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi Greg,

All info gathered by ANBO, Kermit and others works for Torque Pro; AFAIK this is an Android-only app, so you'd need an Android phone.

Apart from that and obviously ABRP, all you need is an OBDII Bluetooth adapter. Google it, don't buy the cheapest you can find, but there is is no need either to pay more than 30-40.
Find one that is not too long, or you might hit it with your foot while plugged in.
Find one with low power draw in standby. 30mA or less, if you don't want to find your 12V battery drained after a week of inactivity...
If you need a name, I'd go for a Vgate iCar Pro or similar.

And that is all. The rest is configuration and you'll find it explained quite clearly here above.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Grunt said:

And that is all. The rest is configuration and you'll find it explained quite clearly here above.
Thank you, that is absolutely spot on and just what I needed! One last question, my daily phone is an iPhone but I do have an older Android device I could use. From what I read I could get that all working and it the Android device uploads to a server? Then would ABRP Premium on my iPhone simply connect to that server for live data?

Or even easier there appears to be a number of apps for iPhone?

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/torque-obd2-bluetooth-scanner/id1575666046
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/obd2-expert/id1142156521

·
Registered
525 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Maxwell_400 said:
kitenski said:
Grunt said:
This one is a little pricey but it has sleep mode so it can always be plugged in,

www.amazon.co.uk/OBDLink-427201-ScanTool-Bluetooth-Professional/dp/B00H9S71LW

I guess you can find cheaper alternatives with sleep mode. (?)
I am using this exact model and never had any problem with it. It's plugged in everytime and sometimes I dont use my car for 3-4 days. I was using "vgate" obd dongle before (6-7 months ago), and it drained my car's 12v battery in 2 days, so be careful with that.

OBDLink is a little long tho. You must be careful so you don't hit it with your foot while entering to the car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've gone with this one as recommended by Grunt, which also says it has battery savings but is that the one that caused you issues evanblack00?

https://amzn.to/3uJcobR

FIT AND FORGET:It really is possible to fit and forget because it's micro size and unique power saving functionality that protects your battery.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Vgate also has older models without standby mode. These draw 300mA, so in about 10 days your 12V is completely flat.

For that exact model reference, on Amazon.de it is mentioned that it has a 20 or 30mA standby draw, that gives over 2 months before your 12v 50Ah is empty.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Grunt said:
Vgate also has older models without standby mode. These draw 300mA, so in about 10 days your 12V is completely flat.

For that exact model reference, on Amazon.de it is mentioned that it has a 20 or 30mA standby draw, that gives over 2 months before your 12v 50Ah is empty.
Thanks again! It will arrive tomorrow so can monitor the 12v battery using MyPace!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Grunt said:
Hi Greg,

Running Torque on an old Android and ABRP on your iPhone should work, yes.
Once you have an Android phone with Torque Pro pushing live data to ABRP server then you'll be able so see and use those live data in any device connected to you account (Iphone, Ipad, another Android phone, PC, Mac ....)

·
Registered
48 Posts
kermit68 said:
Grunt said:
Hi Greg,

Running Torque on an old Android and ABRP on your iPhone should work, yes.
Once you have an Android phone with Torque Pro pushing live data to ABRP server then you'll be able so see and use those live data in any device connected to you account (Iphone, Ipad, another Android phone, PC, Mac ....)
Thanks, I don't suppose you know if there is an iPhone app that can do the same as Torque Pro? just saves having to remember taking the android phone!! Or leave it in the car and risk a window getting smashed!

I've looked at

Car ScannerELM - supports logging but not uploading at the moment
OBDFusion - only exports to CSV not to web
Incardoc - awaiting reply, seems to support uploading to their portal at the moment.

·
Registered
704 Posts
kitenski said:
Thanks, I don't suppose you know if there is an iPhone app that can do the same as Torque Pro? just saves having to remember taking the android phone!! Or leave it in the car and risk a window getting smashed!

I've looked at

Car ScannerELM - supports logging but not uploading at the moment
OBDFusion - only exports to CSV not to web
Incardoc - awaiting reply, seems to support uploading to their portal at the moment.
As far as I know there is no Torque Pro equivalent for iOs. But I won't bother too much about that, sooner or later the "talking" part of Torque Pro with the OBD will be implemented directly in ABRP so Torque Pro won't be needed anymore. Not sure when but they are working on it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
kermit68 said:
As far as I know there is no Torque Pro equivalent for iOs. But I won't bother too much about that, sooner or later the "talking" part of Torque Pro with the OBD will be implemented directly in ABRP so Torque Pro won't be needed anymore. Not sure when but they are working on it.
Interesting thanks! Just dug out my old Android device, can I test the comms with Torque Lite at all or have to spend the £2.95 :D to get Pro?

·
Registered
704 Posts
kitenski said:
Interesting thanks! Just dug out my old Android device, can I test the comms with Torque Lite at all or have to spend the £2.95 :D to get Pro?
Unfortunately you'll have to invest the money, Torque lite does not manage extended pids which are the core for EV live data ;)

·
Registered
525 Posts
evanblack00 said:
Maxwell_400 said:
This one is a little pricey but it has sleep mode so it can always be plugged in,

www.amazon.co.uk/OBDLink-427201-ScanTool-Bluetooth-Professional/dp/B00H9S71LW

I guess you can find cheaper alternatives with sleep mode. (?)
I am using this exact model and never had any problem with it. It's plugged in everytime and sometimes I dont use my car for 3-4 days. I was using "vgate" obd dongle before (6-7 months ago), and it drained my car's 12v battery in 2 days, so be careful with that.

OBDLink is a little long tho. You must be careful so you don't hit it with your foot while entering to the car.
Since it is always plugged in you can unloose the OBD II socket and push it further in or even use a zip tie and hide it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Evening ,

Right I've got the vgate connected and torque pro connected and it sees the device and shows soc etc.

I've connected to ABRP by pressing the generic button within ABRP on iOS, is that correct? Whenever I click link generic though the token changes. Assume as both match up it it ok?

Is there a way to test that torque pro is sending data to the ABRP website?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Easiest way is to make sure that ABRP is showing the correct SOC for your car. If that matches (within a few percent anyway) and goes down as you drive, then it's connected. You will probably find that the SOC is not exactly the same because it seems to use actual battery capacity rather than usable battery capacity. So they match around 50%, but you get a small split as you move away from that. This may not be true of Torque Pro but it is true of the method I'm testing for them. My assumption is it will be the same for TP.

·
Registered
704 Posts
kitenski said:
Is there a way to test that torque pro is sending data to the ABRP website?
Check under model car settings if you get the green bars like those:

Font Screenshot Darkness Software Number

Attachments

21 - 40 of 43 Posts