Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I have some issues activating InControl in my I-Pace. I received the car yesterday and the dealer already activated it... with the wrong email address. It took them half a day to undo that, and now I should be able to activate it again. But I can't get it to activate. I start the activation by logging in to my account on https://incontrol.jaguar.com, and select Add Car. I type in the last 8 digits of the VIN (I checked and checked and checked again, it is the right VIN) and then I start the activation. Then I go to the car, start the "engine" and press the assistance button until it changes from fast blinking to slow blinking.

And then... nothing. It blinks for a looooong time (maybe an hour?) but the website never goes to the next step.

What am I doing wrong?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It turns out I am not doing anything wrong. The dealer was unable to activate as well. They have opened a ticket with Jaguar because they can't find anything wrong with my car...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I have exactly the same issue. Its stuck at precisely the same point and also I cannot use the wifi network or the mobile data connection. These connections don't seem to be available.
Yesterday the software was going to be updated but as it seems the latest software has a serious issue with the middle screens going black without possibility to switch them back on again, so I was advised not to install the latest software and to wait for a new update.
So this means that I cannot use all connectivity functions on my Ipace.

Personally I find this rediculous for a 100k + car. Jaguar should be very ashamed of this way of treating their customers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
I am a new owner and first time JLR customer. My 3day old car won't talk to the website or Incontrol app. I tried all the things mentioned on the forum but nothing so I thought I'd remove the car restart it all and add it back. Manual suggests this should work. The removed failed so back to the dealer. I can live with their software being ugly and unintuitive but I won't put up with unreliable as it a key feature of the car.

Don't start me on the Nav software.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
Rbrandwijk said:
Since this morning, my Incontrol app can not establish a connection with my I pace. Does anybody know how to re-activate the connection?
I experienced the same. Dealer recommend me to remove the app, but that didn't solve my problem. Do you still see your trips on the InControl website? In my case, trips on the website were not showing either, so it was a problem with the car.

Next step was to remove the car from my InControl account, but that could not be completed, because a connection with the car could not be established. Which resulted in a dead lock, because the car was only half removed, so could not add it again either.

Dealer called InControl and they couldn't connect to my car (nor track the car...) either. Dealer informed me this is an issue with my telematics unit and they need to look at it in the workshop.

This continued for a couple of days, but then magically solved itself. I added the car to my account again and all works well, with a connection error sometimes when scheduling departure times, but after multiple tries, it worked every time.

So maybe first wait a couple of days... You might try not connecting your car to a charger, because it seems that it might enter a deeper sleep when not connected and maybe reboots the telematics unit after a couple of hours without power?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Rbrandwijk said:
Thanks for the reply. I did the exact same thing, including removing the car from Incontrol, which partially succeeded. I will wait for a couple of more days to see whether it reconnects.
If the application still says there was a problem removing the car after about 24 hours, you should call the regional customer care number. They may need to open a ticket for someone to do the backend work of removing the record. When I removed my car and got the partial problem, I called customer care. The level 1 person tried to remove and it didn't work. Waited a day (about 24 hours) and the car was removed. The customer care person quoted the 24 hours. I actually checked the next day at about 16 hours and the car was still there. Later in the day, it was gone. Then went back through the self-registration process and haven't had any connection problems since. The point is you shouldn't need to wait two or three days.

Good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Guess what. This morning I received a message from the app that my car was fully charged. Since my car was partially removed, I could not open the app. However, I was now able to completely remove my car from incontrol and add it again. Since then everything works fine. It looks like the jaguar incontrol server has some issues.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Some issues with the Jaguar InControl servers? Oh yes. This morning I tried to check the car (to see if charge complete and preconditioning running as intended) through the App. The App was completely off: revealed no contact with the vehicle since yesterday evening, said NOT a single previous drive had been recorded, and the like. :eek:
I had the idea to have a look to the web version of InControl and upon logging I was served with a nice error message saying there was a problem. :cool:
I simply drove to work (charging had indeed been completed and preconditioning worked nicely) and checked about 1h later : the website was OK again and so did the App.
So sometimes, problems within the App are just temporary issues with the server-side of this feature.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
For me, the server issue still persists unfortunately.. My last succesful update is almost 24 hours ago. Is anyone else experiencing similar issues and is there a way to manually fix this instead of waiting for the servers to get up to speed again?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
What happens if you visit https://incontrol.jaguar.com ? Do you get an error message shortly after login or you have no error message, but clearly see outdated information ?
If there is an error message, this is the same situation I experienced earlier today: it fixed itself some +1 hour later.
If there is no error message and outdated information, then most probably the car itself isn't in touch anymore with the server. This is something that happened to a lot of people in december and early january, and a symptom of a TCU dead in the water until it finally reboots properly.
The dealer has a mean to trigger a reset through their diagnostic equipment which undoubtedly will fix that. And if they long-press (>10 sec) the bCall button (the left one on the ceiling close to the cabin light), that will trigger the reconnection with the server, the download of the required fixed configuration file (previous one was responsible for this bug occurence).
In some cases, it might solve itself by removing your SIM card, disconnecting WIFI - so that the car has no other communication means than the TCU-embedded eSim, powering down the car, locking it (not connected to any charger) for at least 15 to 30 min to get a deep-sleep (experience varies), then unlocking and starting the car without the brake pedal (power to equipment only, can't drive). At that point try a long press (>10 sec, at least until it blinks slower than at the beginning) of the bCall button (as described, the one on the left, not the one which is red illuminated).
You might have to power down the car again and restart it once more. Then re-insert your SIM and reconfigure your WIFI (if any and needed).
Best would then be to check the website again, if all goes right there, eject (kill) the App, restart it and see it it now shows up to date information. Chances are it could be fixed once and for all without a dealer visit.
That apparently has been my lucky experience since about ~28 december (as far as I remember the exact date - between Christmas day and New Year's eve for sure). Short of the temporary unavailability of their servers early this tuesday morning, I didn't experience anymore issues with the Remote App.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
lvrmsc said:
What happens if you visit https://incontrol.jaguar.com ? Do you get an error message shortly after login or you have no error message, but clearly see outdated information ?
If there is an error message, this is the same situation I experienced earlier today: it fixed itself some +1 hour later.
If there is no error message and outdated information, then most probably the car itself isn't in touch anymore with the server. This is something that happened to a lot of people in december and early january, and a symptom of a TCU dead in the water until it finally reboots properly.
The dealer has a mean to trigger a reset through their diagnostic equipment which undoubtedly will fix that. And if they long-press (>10 sec) the bCall button (the left one on the ceiling close to the cabin light), that will trigger the reconnection with the server, the download of the required fixed configuration file (previous one was responsible for this bug occurence).
In some cases, it might solve itself by removing your SIM card, disconnecting WIFI - so that the car has no other communication means than the TCU-embedded eSim, powering down the car, locking it (not connected to any charger) for at least 15 to 30 min to get a deep-sleep (experience varies), then unlocking and starting the car without the brake pedal (power to equipment only, can't drive). At that point try a long press (>10 sec, at least until it blinks slower than at the beginning) of the bCall button (as described, the one on the left, not the one which is red illuminated).
You might have to power down the car again and restart it once more. Then re-insert your SIM and reconfigure your WIFI (if any and needed).
Best would then be to check the website again, if all goes right there, eject (kill) the App, restart it and see it it now shows up to date information. Chances are it could be fixed once and for all without a dealer visit.
That apparently has been my lucky experience since about ~28 december (as far as I remember the exact date - between Christmas day and New Year's eve for sure). Short of the temporary unavailability of their servers early this tuesday morning, I didn't experience anymore issues with the Remote App.
Thank you for your very detailed instructions! I've followed your steps (eject sim, disable wifi, close the car for 30 minutes without charging, start the car without starting the engine, press the bCall button for >10 seconds and stop and restart the car without starting the engine) and this has resolved my issue!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Glad it worked for you too. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Seems like things have turned even more weird now. After searching for OTA updates, the Telemetry and Battery versions are gone:


Therefore, the service call and remote app doesn't work.

Also, when I try to update the Telematics and Battery trough OTA, the search for the updates keeps running and doesn't respond with an 'no available update' message:


Has anyone experience similar issues and is there a way to resolve this without visiting the dealer?

I've tried the >10 dCall fix about four times, but this doesn't work this time unfortunately...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
That's obviously a display bug, but not sure it has any effective harm on your car. Do you experience anything weird except this wrong display?
I wouldn't be surprised that version display comes back a bit later (after some sleep and new run).

One thing I am now 100% sure (at least with 14.2/S18C) is that adding a wifi account to the car is calling for problems unless, maybe, if your car is in reach of the network it has good signal. If the signal is faint where you park (which is currently my case), do not add a wifi account. I have seen weird things happen. If the car infotainment or other feature is painfully trying to use the bad wifi connection while you move away, the TCU probably stays in a state of limbo leading to weird issues. Such problems were solved (in my case) after removing the wifi account and the next long sleep and restart. Until I have added an access point for the car right into the garage, I will refrain to re-activate wifi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,114 Posts
lvrmsc said:
What happens if you visit https://incontrol.jaguar.com ? Do you get an error message shortly after login or you have no error message, but clearly see outdated information ?
If there is an error message, this is the same situation I experienced earlier today: it fixed itself some +1 hour later.
If there is no error message and outdated information, then most probably the car itself isn't in touch anymore with the server. This is something that happened to a lot of people in december and early january, and a symptom of a TCU dead in the water until it finally reboots properly.
The dealer has a mean to trigger a reset through their diagnostic equipment which undoubtedly will fix that. And if they long-press (>10 sec) the bCall button (the left one on the ceiling close to the cabin light), that will trigger the reconnection with the server, the download of the required fixed configuration file (previous one was responsible for this bug occurence).
In some cases, it might solve itself by removing your SIM card, disconnecting WIFI - so that the car has no other communication means than the TCU-embedded eSim, powering down the car, locking it (not connected to any charger) for at least 15 to 30 min to get a deep-sleep (experience varies), then unlocking and starting the car without the brake pedal (power to equipment only, can't drive). At that point try a long press (>10 sec, at least until it blinks slower than at the beginning) of the bCall button (as described, the one on the left, not the one which is red illuminated).
You might have to power down the car again and restart it once more. Then re-insert your SIM and reconfigure your WIFI (if any and needed).
Best would then be to check the website again, if all goes right there, eject (kill) the App, restart it and see it it now shows up to date information. Chances are it could be fixed once and for all without a dealer visit.
That apparently has been my lucky experience since about ~28 december (as far as I remember the exact date - between Christmas day and New Year's eve for sure). Short of the temporary unavailability of their servers early this tuesday morning, I didn't experience anymore issues with the Remote App.
Thks for your instructions , it saved me for my first morning of snow ( 14.2/S18C , no WiFi )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
lvrmsc said:
That's obviously a display bug, but not sure it has any effective harm on your car. Do you experience anything weird except this wrong display?
I wouldn't be surprised that version display comes back a bit later (after some sleep and new run).

One thing I am now 100% sure (at least with 14.2/S18C) is that adding a wifi account to the car is calling for problems unless, maybe, if your car is in reach of the network it has good signal. If the signal is faint where you park (which is currently my case), do not add a wifi account. I have seen weird things happen. If the car infotainment or other feature is painfully trying to use the bad wifi connection while you move away, the TCU probably stays in a state of limbo leading to weird issues. Such problems were solved (in my case) after removing the wifi account and the next long sleep and restart. Until I have added an access point for the car right into the garage, I will refrain to re-activate wifi.
Thank you! After reading your reply, I've removed all Wifi accounts and disabled the WiFi. Next, I removed the SIM card and let the car sleep (closed and alarm on without charging) through the night. After a short drive, I re-inserted the SIM and connected the car to the charger and the TCU got up and running again.

And likewise; I'm not going to connect the car to a weak WiFi signal. I've tested the WiFi by setting up a hotspot with my phone while sitting in the car, but even then I'm not getting full WiFi reception, so it seems like this needs to be addressed in an upcoming software update.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,245 Posts
mgk85 said:
And likewise; I'm not going to connect the car to a weak WiFi signal. I've tested the WiFi by setting up a hotspot with my phone while sitting in the car, but even then I'm not getting full WiFi reception, so it seems like this needs to be addressed in an upcoming software update.
That is an interesting point. I think I have been lucky in that my WiFi device is about 10ft max from where I'll park my car.

For those who can't move their WiFi router then a range extender would probably do the trick or run the signal to a new router using the household power network.
Just a few more things to think about sigh...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
SammyD said:
mgk85 said:
And likewise; I'm not going to connect the car to a weak WiFi signal. I've tested the WiFi by setting up a hotspot with my phone while sitting in the car, but even then I'm not getting full WiFi reception, so it seems like this needs to be addressed in an upcoming software update.
That is an interesting point. I think I have been lucky in that my WiFi device is about 10ft max from where I'll park my car.

For those who can't move their WiFi router then a range extender would probably do the trick or run the signal to a new router using the household power network.
Just a few more things to think about sigh...
Honestly, connecting the car to home (or business) through WiFi is far from being a priority. Considering that the whole concept of software updates is currently completely broken on I-Pace, or more precisely, is a concept that Jaguar as a maker still has to grasp and embrace, those WiFi connections serve no purpose today...
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top