Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer (Grange of Brentwood) most recently told me that the car would be delivered tomorrow (Friday 21st). Yesterday they told me my car is built but not despatched. My plans to actually drive it next week are now scuppered. They could not provide me with an expected date at all, even though it was one of the very first I-Pace orders.

How can I get the update done and the car on the way here?

Is there someone I can lobby at JLR?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi, Please call JLR customer services ON 0345 303 2303 or [email protected] . Be very insistent & if they try to fob you off tell them that you will email the MD of JLR. Email address easily available on the internet. Let me know if I can be of any help.
Regards,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hmmmm...timbray... almost certainly correct.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After many phone calls to JLR and the dealer last Wednesday I was eventually told Thursday that the car had left the factory. I must admit they didn't say where it was going, so maybe I am being naïve in thinking that it would get to Brentwood. There was no further news on Saturday when the salesman called and patently couldn't wait to end the conversation as soon as possible. Sunday I was promised that they would get back to me Monday. Didn't happen. Today the salesman is on holiday and at 9:15am I was promised the sales manager would get straight back to me. It's now 12:10pm and I have heard nothing. Maybe it's been dispatched to a small shed in the forests of Baden-Baden, never to be seen again!
The new e-tron looks nice...

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi. Do you know when it left factory? You can ask the dealer to send you a report about the car which will contain your chassis number.
It normally takes about 10 working days from Graz to Zerbrugge to Humberside.
I am picking my FE Photon Red on Friday.
Hope you have soon.

G

·
southd said:
After many phone calls to JLR and the dealer last Wednesday I was eventually told Thursday that the car had left the factory. I must admit they didn't say where it was going, so maybe I am being naïve in thinking that it would get to Brentwood. There was no further news on Saturday when the salesman called and patently couldn't wait to end the conversation as soon as possible. Sunday I was promised that they would get back to me Monday. Didn't happen. Today the salesman is on holiday and at 9:15am I was promised the sales manager would get straight back to me. It's now 12:10pm and I have heard nothing. Maybe it's been dispatched to a small shed in the forests of Baden-Baden, never to be seen again!
It will take 1-2 weeks to get delivered from another country + prep'ed by the dealership.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine landed last Friday been driving it for a week now and love it - fully loaded 22" tyres first edition HSE EV 400

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It may now be this Friday. At least Jaguar customer service could explain what has been happening, even if the dealer cannot. The car arrived in the UK on the 28th and the dealer requested delivery the same day. It was scheduled to get to the dealer on the 5th - but the transporter was cancelled. Reason unknown. It is now scheduled for this Friday 12th. So I should have been driving around in it now had things run as planned, even allowing for PDI. I cannot imagine that JLR are in delivery logistics hell when they are closing the UK factory for a bit through lack of business. A great pity that my pleasure of possessing an I-Pace is being spoiled by their inability to get it to me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A few pictures sent to me by my dealer when the car arrived yesterday, and will be ready for collection in a couple of days.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi southd

Please keep us in touch with this.
I too have a vested interest in this dealership as I also was one of the first to order and place deposit on the I-pace with them.
I am sharing a similar experience too as it always appears that it is down to me to do the chasing with very limited information coming back.
Would be curious to know initials of salesperson at Grange if you don't mind sharing? Perfectly understood if not though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Irons1966 said:
Hi southd

Please keep us in touch with this.
I too have a vested interest in this dealership as I also was one of the first to order and place deposit on the I-pace with them.
I am sharing a similar experience too as it always appears that it is down to me to do the chasing with very limited information coming back.
Would be curious to know initials of salesperson at Grange if you don't mind sharing? Perfectly understood if not though.
southd said:
Agree. E-tron does indeed look 👀 nice &#x1f44d-1f3fc;

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
With some sort of miracle, the car is now at the dealer and undergoing PDI. I collect it midday Monday, and hope to post some pictures soon after.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Enjoy Tomorrow!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
At last it is in my possession! Good finish, great performance, looks outstanding. Worth the wait. A slight hiccup with the 5 day Jaguar insurance when the salesman told them it didn't have a tracker so they wouldn't do the insurance. It then took some time to arrange a full alternative. Then the insurance documents didn't arrive and eventually had to be resent so I could take the car. This was particularly galling as the I-Pace documentation refers to the inControl location system as being a tracker, and it wasted nearly 2 hours. I am hoping that there is an OTA update for the infotainment system menus that are best described as 'novel', and sometimes match the printed documentation.
Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer White

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Plant

Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Plant

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.