Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have an occasional problem of a message saying the radar sensor is blocked, which makes it not possible to set the cruise control?

Any suggestions of how to fix that? Or should I ask the dealer to check it?

Thanks

·
Registered
528 Posts
sometimes get that on my BMW; but only when the sensor is either covered in snow/slush or very dirty. Had it once also in very heavy rain.

If the sensors "clean" then it sounds odd......l..

·
Registered
179 Posts
mbart777 said:
Does anyone else have an occasional problem of a message saying the radar sensor is blocked, which makes it not possible to set the cruise control?

Any suggestions of how to fix that? Or should I ask the dealer to check it?

Thanks
Sofar it works fine with my IPace, but of weather is good it should work properly so you better ask your dealer.

·
Registered
67 Posts
In my current car (merc 350e) this sometimes happens, but only in snow or when it rains really hard. So if this was not the case you should check with the dealer.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the responses - most helpful as I've not had "driver assistance" before.

As it happened the weather was bad on a long journey when the problem occurred a few times. None before and since, so most likely that was the reason.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have had this problem on my I-PACE since delivery. Happened a few times early on in very heavy rain, now happening every time it rains.

Very irritating as living in the UK it rains a lot!

Went back to Jag last month for a recall and I added this to the list of issues. Was told it was probably because it was raining but they would investigate - looks like they were hoping a software reload would fix it. It hasn't.

Taking it back but not being fobbed off with the rain excuse. It's an expensive option and should work in non-extreme weather conditions!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
scm said:
One of the issues with XKRs with ACC was leaves blocking the radar sensor.
:lol: Those leaves stop everything in the UK, trains, busses and now ACCs on XKRs... Nature!?!?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts