Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help, am 49 live in london suburbs and car is garaged and 24 years no claims. Last year Admiral was £750 and renewal just now £1190. Best I can find online is Boom but never heard of them. Avia/ Direct Line/ LV all £1500+. I checked insurance a couple of weeks ago but the price has gone up since then. Any ideas of insurers for 6-8k miles pa?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Could try hastings direct I paid £380 plus got some cashback through quidco. Most of the time these policies are a lottery though and prices change from week to week. Has anything changed since you last renewed?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Does yours have the Tracker activated? I switched to Admiral this year on their multi-car policy. They weren't the cheapest but I don't want a black box fitted. I was being quoted £1k+ whereas previous year was <£800

·
Registered
MY21 HSE Borasco Grey, 20" 5750 Alloys, 3D Surround Camera, Pano Roof, HUB, Windsor Leather
50 Posts
Adrian Flux just quoted me £1,100, BOOM is £384, 8K per year 17 year NCD

·
Registered
MY21 HSE Borasco Grey, 20" 5750 Alloys, 3D Surround Camera, Pano Roof, HUB, Windsor Leather
50 Posts
Plus if you use Quidco to buy your insurance using their comparison engine, once bought you will get £35 cashback to your Quidco account (eventually but it does arrive)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you. Absolutely crazy that a locked garage increases premium by £60 but it does. Great tip. I'll simply leave the car on the driveway. James

James -

It might sound bizarre, but I’ve found that putting the car in a garage actually increases the insurance price. It’s worth seeing if the price changes if you leave it on your drive!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thank you. Absolutely crazy that a locked garage increases premium by £60 but it does. Great tip. I'll simply leave the car on the driveway. James
And what do you say to the insurance company if your car is stolen off the drive? There's a reason it decreases the premium as obviously a car is less likely to be stolen in a locked garage.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And what do you say to the insurance company if your car is stolen off the drive? There's a reason it decreases the premium as obviously a car is less likely to be stolen in a locked garage.
I think you have miss read. The premium is CHEAPER on DRIVE than in my locked Garage.

I have taken the policy out and emailed Boom to say how can this be right and is my car still insured if I have it in the garage or do I have to leave it on the driveway ....

James

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think you have miss read. The premium is CHEAPER on DRIVE than in my locked Garage.

I have taken the policy out and emailed Boom to say how can this be right and is my car still insured if I have it in the garage or do I have to leave it on the driveway ....

James
Strange!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
James -

It might sound bizarre, but I’ve found that putting the car in a garage actually increases the insurance price. It’s worth seeing if the price changes if you leave it on your drive!
Not bizarre, you can damage the car putting it in and out of the garage, especially if you have a "modern" garage designed for cars from the 70s.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Early April - renewed with the AA - premium was £318.90 - 15yrs+ no-claims discount.
Post codes also play a massive part in car insurance costs.

Reactions: lnorange

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help, am 49 live in london suburbs and car is garaged and 24 years no claims. Last year Admiral was £750 and renewal just now £1190. Best I can find online is Boom but never heard of them. Avia/ Direct Line/ LV all £1500+. I checked insurance a couple of weeks ago but the price has gone up since then. Any ideas of insurers for 6-8k miles pa?
try NFU Mutual. I called them and got a fully comp policy for £531 and prior quotes were all £1500-2000.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts