Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone explain the difference between these two functions?

ASPC - All Surface Progress Control - which seems to be standard
AdSR - Adaptive Surface Response - which is basically a £1400 option as AD has to be added - as I don't intend to drive my IP on the track I don't think AD is necessary so AdSR seems rather expensive for what it is - especially as ASPC looks as if is standard and looks to me does the same thing - just up to a lower speed - or have I misunderstood?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was similarly trying to determine whether or not I needed to added the £610 AdSR option to Air Suspension + AD.

As far as I can tell from the manual the AdSR replaces the Rain/Ice/Snow driving mode. I think the difference is that it is reactive
to conditions rather than just passively limiting accelerator responsiveness and changing the ABS parameters etc.
At over £600 you'd hope the difference is impressive.

Yes I believe ASPC is standard - it's a sort of off-road cruise control for ascent/descent.
The manual says that it works "in conjunction" with the selected driving mode. The implication is that
it will work better with AdSR mode than Rain/Ice/Snow mode.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great, thanks for that - I think if we regularly got snow or often went to gymkhanas (without a horsebox) I might consider it.
Hopefully Rain/Ice/Snow plus ASPC should be enough for what we need.

I have to assume that the 2 in 1 Portuguese accent must have used AdSR

·
Registered
140 Posts
For the two days a year it snows I normally just leave the car in the drive!
But it would be nice to have the option to upgrade to AdSR.
Since it's presumably just a s/w feature I was hoping that AdSR could be activated later by a dealer.
Or even better by an OTA update.

G

·
Blackseries said:
Great, thanks for that - I think if we regularly got snow or often went to gymkhanas (without a horsebox) I might consider it.
Hopefully Rain/Ice/Snow plus ASPC should be enough for what we need.

I have to assume that the 2 in 1 Portuguese accent must have used AdSR
If you live somewhere where it snows a lot ... winter tyre's are more important than ANY gadget.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts