Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys I’ve had my iPace for almost 3 years now and due to a change in job (I’ll be remote working) I’d no longer need a car.
I’ve been advised by a few that right now is the best time to sell a used car but also been told to hold as used cars are increasing in value, I did get a quote last month to compare from we buy any car which was around £41,000 and this month it’s gone up to £45,000. How long could we expect this trend to continue and would most advise to hold or sell?
Thanks

·
Registered
684 Posts
A bird in the hand and all that, prices are strong who knows when the market will turn. £45 k sounds tempting

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your responses guys, I’ve decided to go ahead and sale, they said they will give me the full quote and I have until Friday to sell, get to keep my 22” alloys as well and put on the standard ones they came with, going to miss the car but who knows maybe in a few months I’ll be back with a new one :) with warranty ending next month I think it’s best to part ways

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you haven't already, it might be worth having a chat with your local Jag dealer too. I sold my 2018 Audi Q5 this week to the local Audi dealer and they gave me £3k more than we buy any car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
As an update on above: Got an on-line valuation of £51.1K for my I-Pace as trade in now with up to 6 months chip delay for new IP from Pentland, who have taken over Morrisons Stirling as my supplying dealer. I then asked for a cash value if no trade in. Was offered £48K possibly £49 if satisfactory inspection but only valid for 7 days. So after about 20 years of enjoyable JLR motoring I was so p'd off that I have sold to Webuysupercars for £52.5 K based on photos and description sent in. Car taken away 2 days later with cash in my bank before leaving. No quibbles and no reductions on inspection. Kia EV6 AWD GT line-S due for delivery in March so I shall just share SWMBO's wheels until then. So looks like it will be goodbye from me and perhaps meet some of you again on the Kia new car forum come March.
Also offered a max. of £49K subject to inspection by WBAC for comparison.
Good luck!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Never been a better time to sell than right now….
I’ve just taken my plate off and the ipace will go when v5 arrives. Wbac are leading the way but will try the others again before final decision…. Slightly annoying that wbac want 4 days to clear funds. They won’t even do premier payment due to the amount involved.
so going to miss this car. I love it and Im not ready to part with it but it’s not my daily driver so as the wife wants to move on theres no point in keeping it sadly.

also 54.7k is 5k more than ticket price nearly 8 months ago.

very boring much cheaper Kia looking likely. :(

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thought I’d post an update, the car got sold today, I had purchased it roughly 3 years ago was an ex demo had paid 57 k and I’ve sold it for 46 k so overall not a bad loss at all, warranty was going to end and I’ve decided currently a car isn’t a priority but sadly if I do go for another car it may be the Model Y or Model 3.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts