Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lease company managed to obtain a 2018 production slot with delivery in week 52 - the original order was a S version that fits within my budget but have been advised I can adjust options selected.

My budget allows for approx €88,500 and I am looking for advise/suggestions - I discovered that selecting certain options adds other options automatically, I would like drive pack but that adds nearly €3,700 of other options putting me over budget when I have the panoramic roof selected.

I came up with 2 configurations, 1with drive pack and 1 without.

Selected in both:
  • Jaguar I-pace S = €80,330
  • Firenze Red metallic paint = €1,007 (mandatory)
  • Heads up display = €610
  • electric tailgate = €508
  • Air Ionisation = €132
  • Heated windscreen = €356
  • DAB+ radio = €356

That brings it to €83,299 so leaving approx €5,200 for 1 of below 2 set of options:

Added options pack 1: = €5,202
  • Drive pack = €1,530
  • Leather seats = €2,080 (auto selected with drive pack
  • 10 way adjustable seats = €1,084 (auto selected with drive pack
  • Electric/memory mirrors = €508 (auto selected with drive pack

Added options pack 2: = €5,247
  • Style 5055 18" rims = €1,016
  • Panoramic roof = €1,302
  • Surround audio = €1,017
  • Air suspension = €1,607
  • Fog lights = €203
  • Premium mats = €102

Which one would you choose and why?

Many Thanks for your feedback

·
Registered
179 Posts
No dab+ , fog lights, premium mats and no driver pack. No heated windscreen as preconditioning is abailable.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I find an electric tailgate overrated too.

I had to choose between options and dropped the heads up display too. Eventually ended up dropping leather seats because I wanted the panoramic roof for my kids.. ouch.

Most of the options you leave out you will probably never even miss.

Wouldn't you want to have nicer / bigger rims?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would echo the other comments regarding the HUD and tailgate, they're nice to haves but there are other add-ons that give you more for your money.

I would suggest going for option 2 as the air suspension is a must have to give you that little bit extra driving range. The speakers are phenomenal and you'd be missing out if you love your music. I would also use the money from the HUD and tailgate to get the 10 way seats as there's nothing more important than getting the perfect driving position.

Also if I was being picky, the DAB+, and mats could be swapped out for the electric mirrors for that added convenience.

G

·
I found the HUD in my F-Pace to be the best feature I picked!

From my F-Pace days any Car I buy will have a HUD and Blind Spot Monitoring. I didn't spec the later and I regretted it.

The roof is lovely and makes the car feel open and and bright ... however if you don't have kids or people in the back a lot then stuff that option.

Personally I'd fork out for the air suspension.

Everything else is personal choice and you could easily live without the rest.

·
Registered
325 Posts
rarebreed007 said:
You really need to add 20" Alloys..... in my opinion the 18" wheels should never have been offered as standard as they make a great looking car look very cheap and this is not a cheap car....
I can't afford it, so I keep telling myself that the 18" is more comfortable on steel springs and might have a positive influence on range as well ;) There are many other options that I would buy before upgrading the wheels.

As my primary requirement is my own comfort and practicality of the car, I just accept that it looks worse and that others might be less impressed by my car. But that might be the reason I currently own a top of the line Skoda Octavia Combi and not the Audi A4 or A6 that many of my colleagues lease...

But as I would like to tow a tent trailer, the i-pace (apart from the Model X which is outside my budget) was the only option as I wanted to switch to a BEV :lol:

So many people, so many preferences.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
rarebreed007 said:
You really need to add 20" Alloys..... in my opinion the 18" wheels should never have been offered as standard as they make a great looking car look very cheap and this is not a cheap car....
Fully agree but if budget is limited spending €3,000 on getting 20" instead of 18" wheels is a lot of money. For that same money you can get a panoramic roof and Air suspension.

Anyone with a slightly bigger budget will start with I-pace SE and therefore already start at 20" as well as leather seats, 10 way adjustable seats, electric tailgate and drive pack.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Yes and it's not possible to add most options after delivery except for the wheels. So if budget is limited better to take 18" and buy new ones later with more choice and cheaper than in jaguar store. U can sell back the 18" or use for winter.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I actually like the look of the 18" 5055 wheels.....and you get a slight range advantage over the larger rims. Air suspension gets mixed reviews on other marques so not sure if it's worth the money. I would go for heated front seats - I'm surprised that these aren't standard equipment.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ditch the following options:
* Heads up display => Nice but I find it limited value in quality of drive (experience). The dash is already greatly visble.
* Electric tailgate => Nice and probably a requirement if you frequently (multiple times a day) need to be in the booth. Although I'd be annoyed at the slow speed of opening compared to manual operation.
* Air Ionisation => In general this technology doesn't work, or at least not in a way that is effective (not an I-Pace issue(. Various (research)articles about this online.
* DAB+ radio => Don't understand the value of this DAB+. In a time of on-demand video, music and podcasts (including the news), who listens (or watches) to linear programming? The base radio is fine and if you are a music lover, chances are you bring your own high quality music (for use with that great merridian surround system). Maybe if you like high quality, digital commercials?
* Panoramic roof => causes too much reflection on your instrumentpanel, also reflects interior (mirror) limiting visibility to the sky. Unless you have kids / frequently people in backseat or look up while driving (with driver pack of course), don't spend you money on this. It's more noisy, you need to keep it clean or love the look of (for example) birdshit and maybe most important, it negatively impacts your range (i.e. Light => temprature => requires cooling and this option potentially also adds extra weight to the car)
* Air suspension => Mixed reviews, none saying it is a must have, so leave out unless you are on really bad roads.
* Fog lights => As you are from the UK this might actually be worth getting?
* Premium mats => Haven't looked at these but seems to be expensive. Can probably get a decent set online or at halfords.

Do take the following for quality of drive / overall experience:
* Drive pack
* Leather seats (can you go full / extra leather?)
* 10 way adjustable seats (are these already the sport seats? Recommend to go for those or performance as they are great)
* Electric/memory mirrors

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone for their feedback and suggestions - below is the final configuration I sent to lease company/dealer today.

• Jaguar I-pace S = €80,330
• Firenze Red metallic paint = €1,007
• Heads up display = €610
• Air Ionisation = €132
• Panoramic roof = €1,302
• Drive pack = €1,530
• Leather seats = €2,080
• 10 way adjustable seats = €1,084
• Electric/memory mirrors = €508

Now fingers crossed that the car will be delivered (license plate registered) in wk52 or earlier else the whole party stops

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.