Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All seems to have gone quiet as far as official news on the iPace front. No new magazine pieces or Youtube videos (except heavily rehashed versions of footage nicked from the official launch or filmed at the (Geneva?) airport carpark experience, but nothing genuinely new I mean).

There were hints that FullyCharged have a new iPace review ready to publish, but it doesn't seem to be happening as yet. Most likely explanation I suspect is an embargo date - I think the next What Car edition is due next week, wonder if that will have any news?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes, it is rather quiet isn't it? Would love to read some reviews from car journalists - because so far they've spent more virtual ink describing the electronic cones they had to drive the car through than the car itself, it seems.

But I think Gdank is right - if Jaguar planned on giving pre production cars to the press for extensive reviews, we would have seen these already. I think they will wait until full production models are available - and there's something to be said for that, I guess.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes, I'm playing the waiting game. Deposit been down 3 months but need to see the car before committing. Would also be nice to drive it first but will see how I feel after seeing it in the flesh.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Autovisie has driven the Ipace in Arjeplog at the beginning of February this year. This was a test car, not a production model.

I don't know if it's translated to English. At 3.25 Werner is telling us that Autovisie is going to ride the Ipace in March in Portugal as one of the first. I didn't see his video, so I think he ment May. Anyway, he's very happy with an electric car as the Ipace, "fun to drive".

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, that's the one we've been expecting - don't know why it was delayed. And definitely interesting to see much more of the cutaway version - did I hear that the body is bolted on to the chassis? and so presumably (?) can be unbolted if access to eg the battery compartment is needed.

But still no independent OTR drives which usually happen at least 2-3 months before first delivery. Obviously there are at least four -presumably production or late production testing - cars around that are going to be on tour this week. Wouldn't be surprised to see the review embargo lifted later this week, or maybe not until eg May 1st.

G

·
If the F-Pace / E-Pace releases are to go by, then I'd say it will be around June before you'll start getting actualy OTR reviews.

·
Registered
142 Posts
According to my dealer (in Switzerland) he said that selected personal went on 2-3 days training/testing in Portugal early April. So we should here some feedback very soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts