Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the specs for winter tires.
Since they go on for nearly half of the year I would want the best possible look without having to resort to using 22inch Pirelli Scorpion Winter. I much would prefer to be able to use Nokian Hakkapelitta R3 tires which are much more suited to the sometimes harsh winter climate here but do not come in 22.

If you go for Jaguars OEM 20inch set up it's 245/50R20 on 8x20 ET52 rim.

Most aftermarket rims are 8,5x20 ET45 or ET40.

If you compare the JaguarOEM 22inch setup 9x22 ET50,5

8x20 ET 52, poke will be about 15mm less and the rim sits 11mm further away from the suspension strut.
8,5x20 ET 45 poke will be about 2mm less and the rim sits 12mm further away from the suspension strut.
8,5x20 ET 40 poke will be about 4mm more and the rim sits 16mm further away from the suspension strut.

Visually I would believe that the 8,5x20 ET40 will look the best since the wheels will be a bit more concave (more of a tuning look) and sit more flush with the car like they do with the 22 inch setup.
However I'm not sure if there will be any noticeable difference in handling due to the change from the original spec.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I readily of it but it doesn't discuss different wheel offsets.
Mostly talk about size and tyre dimensions.
The discussion about offsets is not only concerning winter tyres.
I guess when the US owners start putting different and larger custom aftermarket rims on the Ipace this will be discussed in depth. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts