Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

First of all, sorry about the username, I've ordered my ipace and no prizes for guessing the model.

My typical daily commute is about 40 miles (in total). Occasionally, (once a week) I travel 80 miles. And once or twice a mouth I travel 360 miles (in a day)..... Although the 360 mile trip is going to be 'interesting' (hopefully an hour recharging will see me home), but the BIK tax saving cannot be ignored. My Annual millage is around the 18K mark.

I am moving from a BMW X5 Diesel, which does actually go off road at the weekends onto farm tracks and fields (but still on normal road tyres).

I looked at the Tesla, and felt that the 100k+ pricetag for the Tesla System X was OTT (plus the stupid doors).

I was tempted by the XC90/60 but the lack of range on the battery, put me off.

So my expectations from this car are:

1) Having about £24,000 in my pocket extra at the end of three years in terms of saved fuel and company car tax

2) Cheaper servicing, no engine oil to change, but I accept there still be brakes etc....

3) Getting frustrated that I can't drive to Manchester without charging (TBD).

4) The feeling that I am driving a Landrover with a Jaguar badge. The car looks like a small Velar to me, I'm not saying this is a bad thing, just a first impression.

5) Having lots of fun driving past Garages looking at the fuel prices...

6) Having to wait longer than I was told for the car to be delivered.

Time will tell what actually happens.

Hello to everyone here, especially to those who have also made the leap of faith...

G

·
2) If you use heavy regen braking then the only real common item is tyres.

3) Unless you are driving with a heavy right foot, take it easy, you should get anywhere in Sussex to anywhere in Manchester. You might be better to plan a quick splash and dash on the way up ... say a 15mins stop. Then when you get there, get whatever charge you can ... then on the way home stop again to get 200 miles range again, then you'll easily make it home. Don't think like petrol where you leave until it's almost at empty then charge ... think of it more like your phone ... charge when you can.

6) I'll bet you'll get sooner than they they say. Jag always overestimate so you are never disappointed. (it can happen .. but rarely)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put my deposit down in early December 2016 - I.e. 17 months ago. I tried to place my confirmed order two days after the official Graz launch, but it took three more working days before I finally received an acknowledgement from5he dealership that the order had been 'processed'. I Found out a couple of weeks ago that my order was the 3rd taken by that dealership (I suspect the 3 lost days relegated me to third, through no fault of my own?).

I had rather assumed that my very early deposit placement would have have put me up near the top of the queue in terms of build date, but who knows whether that is relevant or not. Somebody reported they had asked the question of JLR at the Solihull preview and had been told that the deposit date would influence the build date, FIFO style, has anyone else heard that?

So like "Storogut", I too am interested to know when "first Edition" placed their deposit.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
FE ordered mid may and delivery date announced is 21 december.
I was one of the first to order in my french local dealer cause most of ppl here wants to drive it before ordering.
I asked him if i could do a reservation instead of an order because it costs a lot less like 1k € instead of 20k. He told me that with an order u get a production spot in the others orders queue, not with a reservation.
I ordered my A3 E-tron same way, without trying it and i was not disapointed so i took the risk with the I-pace.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts