Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I received this email from CPlay2Air, suggesting that they have now sorted out their wireless Car Play adapter to work with the I-Pace.

As long as your car has factory-installed* Apple Carplay and a standard USB port, it will now work with our adapter.
*Apple-Carplay installed from the factory or upgraded through your dealer
You may click the following link to see the list of supported vehicles and aftermarket head units:
https://cplay2air.com/products/cplaystreamer-wireless-adapter-for-factory-carplay-android-auto-module-and-mirror-link-feature

I haven't got one, or tested it, just thought some here might be interested.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have one (That didnt work so far). I'll give it a shot and let you know

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully it is just a software update and your's will now work.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Eyalron said:
I have one (That didnt work so far). I'll give it a shot and let you know
Eager to find out if it works and any limitations above normal wired connection.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does somebody know how to apply last firmware update if i can't first connect to the CPlay2air dongle from my ipace ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
No, it doesn't work. When connecting to a Ford (where it works) and looking for an update it shows "no update available". It's at ver. 2020.08.04.1602 and it doesn't work wih the i-pace... I emailed the company and will get back with an answer if available...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok Thanks !
Please let me know if you have information about this.
I already have this dongle and waiting for any update to be able to use it in my car.
Also they didn't say if you can update it out of the car.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sure! I don't think you can update it out of the car, you need a compatible vehicle to do it...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well, I received a response from Carplay2air with the instructions for the update, a howto video and the update file ver. 2020.10.28.1251. After updating in the house (and not in a car), I can confirm it works with our 2020 Jaguar i-pace.

I will try to post all relevant files.

Door Wood Fixture Grey Material property

View attachment 2180

the movie: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1akjOcSqQE3Uf8dfrO8n0JFlvPhzsC_Tc/view?usp=sharing

and the update file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16M8Yt3EfgpGBzND2OMUNaJHSnkYwLlUU/view?usp=sharing

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is great news!

Be good to hear how you find it - how quickly does it connect when you get in? any issues?

·
Registered
90 Posts
It's working very well, it connects in seconds and there is no delay. No issues, it's how it should have been from the factory...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok I'm giving it a go! Will report back how it works.

·
Registered
90 Posts
In case anyone needs the complete upgrade instructions:

Please update via a USB flash drive.
Make sure to save the new firmware directly to the USB flash drive.

Update instructions:
1. Download the firmware update file to the USB flash drive.
2. Plug the flash drive into the CPLAY2air adapter.
3. Plug CPLAY2air to USB power charger/wall charger for your iPhone. Please don't use the USB port of the car or of a computer!!!
4. Wait for 2-3 minutes, until the red LED and the blue LED will light up at the same time.
5. Unplug the adapter from the USB charger and remove the USB flash drive from the adapter.
6. Now plug the CPLAY2air into the USB port of the car.
7. Wait until the new window will appear on the vehicle's screen.
8. Connect your phone to the WIFI SSID network which is shown on the screen.
9. Once connected, use the camera app to scan the QR code on the screen or input 192.168.50.2 on your phone browser.
10.Once the software is activated, please click the button "Reboot"
11.Wait for the new interface to appear on the screen.

As I had an older adapter, after the update I just plugged it in the car and it worked.

Here's a link to a video by the manufacturer: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1akjOcSqQE3Uf8dfrO8n0JFlvPhzsC_Tc/view?usp=sharing

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've just ordered one. Currently £98.95 on their website (supposedly reduced from £121.95), so seems like a reasonable-ish price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just received a CPLAY2air in the post today for $129.95 US. (£98 including postage). They are now shipping ones with firmware that works straightaway with the i-Pace. Worked with my iPhone 10 in my 2019 i-Pace S without a hitch. Did an update of the firmware by connecting and then entering 192.168.50.2 in Safari and it updates the firmware to the latest version in about a minute. Just wish there were a few more CarPlay-compatible apps. (Having PlugShare or Zap-Map would be really useful). Currently the only Charging Points apps I can use seem to be Plugsurfing and nextcharge.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Excellent. Mine is on its way from China.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any issues with GPS when not connected via cable? I remember people saying that that was needed to bypass the bad connection in the cabin.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Received mine today. Plugged in to car and worked straight away. Very pleased with it

1 - 20 of 103 Posts