Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Stacie,

First, thank you so much for being on this forum.

Is there any official position on if or when Apple CarPlay will be coming to the i-Pace? The auto magazine articles can't seem to agree on if it is included (which definitely seems to be incorrect), coming soon, or not going to be there. I'm very interested in getting one, but the lack of CarPlay is a major negative.

-Chris

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes true. I was also wondered about this. Especially because CarPlay will get a huge update in September from Apple's side it will add a lot extra value to the iPace.

I tried to search some forums about this and think they are still waiting to get certified. But the fact that they removed it from there own website worries me.

Anybody know anything more about this?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have seen in some publicatons and some discussions that the Apple Car play wil be activated.
Even the Wave app for traffic information, route guiding and speed traps will be available according to this messages.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Peter P said:
I have seen in some publicatons and some discussions that the Apple Car play wil be activated.
Even the Wave app for traffic information, route guiding and speed traps will be available according to this messages.
Do you mean WAZE app? I use that myself alongside my Discovery Sport Sat Nav and its very good.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes. From september its possible to use Waze etc. With CarPlay. But you car need to have CarPlay. So that is now the bottleneck with JLR. Really hoor they Will finaly at that with the Productions release of the iPace.

We will see.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just did a quick search to understand requirements for car manufacturers to implement CarPlay. Didn't find what I was looking for just yet but I expect you'd need certified hardware to run the (standardized?) CarPlay OS. If so it shouldn't be too much effort for Jaguar to implement, provided they meet hw requirements.

Interestingly, on their website Apple states Jaguar as supported manufacturer. However, if you go to the overview of car per manufacturer, Jaguar isn't listed.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Flip said:
Yes. From september its possible to use Waze etc. With CarPlay. But you car need to have CarPlay. So that is now the bottleneck with JLR. Really hoor they Will finaly at that with the Productions release of the iPace.

We will see.
It will be possible once IOS12 is released (propably mid / end september).

·
Registered
133 Posts
cyberslug said:
Hello Stacie,

First, thank you so much for being on this forum.

Is there any official position on if or when Apple CarPlay will be coming to the i-Pace? The auto magazine articles can't seem to agree on if it is included (which definitely seems to be incorrect), coming soon, or not going to be there. I'm very interested in getting one, but the lack of CarPlay is a major negative.

-Chris
Hi cyberslug,

Thank you for your enquiry.

As a manufacturer, Jaguar can confirm that Apple CarPlay will be available on this vehicle from collection.

Further information on the I-PACE can be found on our website,

https://www.jaguar.co.uk/jaguar-range/i-pace/index.html

Alternatively our approved retailer network would be able to assist with any further information you may require prior to placing an order. You can locate your local approved retailer by following the below link.

https://www.jaguar.co.uk/retailer-locator/index.html

Thanks,

Becci

1 - 14 of 14 Posts