Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi eveyone, i have been looking at this forum for quite sometime but have only just joined. Thanks everyone for all the help and information.

Choice for the ipace was easy for me due to the tax implications in the nl. I like thr tesla s but it has been on the market for 5 years and it looks a bit bland when you park it next to the ipace. I made a test drive in the ipace which showed fantastic handling, good audio (a must for me), good materials, etc. I must say that the laggy infotainment and cumbersomeness of its operation is a pain. Furthermore, 1 phase charging is a big problem in the netherlands. In the end, the heart won 馃榾

Just wanted to share my enthusiasm with you. My dealer had just received my car, it is a fuji white S with some options. I chose an S because i do care about big wheels, adaptive dampers, panoramic and sound but don't care so much for electric seats, adaptive cruise, etc.

It has now arrived at the dealer. Now the last 4 weeks of frustrating waiting starts because siena leather still has to be built in after market...
Counting down the days.... 馃榾

Attachments

Registered
Hi Peter,

Looks great and the waiting must be killing you! Are you saying they are going to swamp the seats at the dealership? Wow that seems odd even if simple as they'd have to get the replacement seats and the labour etc. Nice you get what you want though :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oz-ipace said:
Hi Peter,

Looks great and the waiting must be killing you! Are you saying they are going to swamp the seats at the dealership? Wow that seems odd even if simple as they'd have to get the replacement seats and the labour etc. Nice you get what you want though :)
They are not swapping seats. They are simply replacing the luxtec with leather on the same seats.I must say that the luxtec looked great as well.

Registered
Petercrostie said:
Oz-ipace said:
Hi Peter,

They are not swapping seats. They are simply replacing the luxtec with leather on the same seats.I must say that the luxtec looked great as well.
Hi Petercrostie
If your dealer is taking the cover's off the seats perhaps you can help solve the problem being discussed in the Awkward Headrests thread? They can't find out how to remove the head restraint but if the cover is removed completely it might be possible to see what is causing the problem.

Registered
I had the opposite issue. I ordered an S because I wanted Luxtec seats ( I'm vegan). The car arrived in October 2018... with a "free" upgrade to heated leather seats! (they did manage to replace the steering wheel with suedecloth as I had specified for the same reason). Now I appreciate most people would have taken the car and run. But I refused to take it, and ended up having to wait until March 2019 because apparently they couldn't just replace the seats, so I was put at the back of the order cycle... I did get a couple of extras thrown in for the hassle factor, but it has certainly taken the edge off a big purchase!

Registered
scobie27 said:
I had the opposite issue. I ordered an S because I wanted Luxtec seats ( I'm vegan). The car arrived in October 2018... with a "free" upgrade to heated leather seats! (they did manage to replace the steering wheel with suedecloth as I had specified for the same reason). Now I appreciate most people would have taken the car and run. But I refused to take it, and ended up having to wait until March 2019 because apparently they couldn't just replace the seats, so I was put at the back of the order cycle... I did get a couple of extras thrown in for the hassle factor, but it has certainly taken the edge off a big purchase!
tell them to deliver yours and i'm willing to swap my non leather interior with you :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.