Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Automatic Parking?

16K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  Abu Dhabi Dude 
#1 ·
Hello,

Receive my 2021 HSE a few weeks ago. I can't find the automatic parking functionality. It is listed in the manual, tutorial and promotional material but I don't seem to have the button. Any suggestions how to enable it? Can't see it in the app draw. Feels like I'm missing an app.

This is what I get:
Font Rectangle Material property Technology Circle

This is what I'm expecting:
Rectangle Font Violet Pattern Circle

Vehicle Car Vehicle audio Personal luxury car Automotive design

Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Is automatic parking included in 2021 car ?. Some previous functions have been dropped

#4 ·
Not listed in current Driver Assist or anywhere else nor is Lane Keeping just lane assist

DRIVER ASSISTANCE
Traffic Sign Recognition and Adaptive Speed Limiter
Lane Keep Assist
Driver Condition Monitor
Emergency Braking
Driver Assist Pack
Adaptive Cruise Control
3D Surround Camera
Front and Rear Parking Aid
Rear Collision Monitor
Blind Spot Assist Pack

#7 ·
I had it on a BMW X3, it takes 4x longer, and left me a foot from the kerb.

I would predict that now cars are datalinked, the 'designers' can see we arent using these features.

Pretty sure Steering assist went the same may, if you checked my data, I turn Emergency LKA off, about 1 minute after it tries to steer me.....New model doesnt seem to 'steer' just warns.

#11 ·
Al's Ipace said:
I have it in my Ipace....it's a bit intermittent but sort of works......
It sits next to me and has blonde hair 🤣🤣😍
My brunette parking aid is actually quite good! LOL

Seriously, does OTA mean we are data linked - can they download driving data remotely, plugged in at the dealer they quite likely can. The 360 cameras and sensors are quite good for parking and I would not welcome the car steering for me, in the same way I don't like lane keeping steering, especially emergency steering pushing into the center of a narrow road.

#12 ·
There maybe some method of anonymity, but I'm not a big believer in those sort of statements.

You have an SOS button, maybe someone else can comment, pretty sure the spec of european SOS includes some automatic functions, like airbag operation?

Also the newer sat nav systems take data from cars, how do you think your latest sat nav knows exactly where a que of traffic is?

#13 ·
Hello Fizz, hello all. I also noticed on my 2021 I-Pace HSE that there was no park assist.

My feeling is that the Jaguar R&D team put in priority the development of the 360 degre view (that I don't find so useful by the way), rather than maintaining the park assist capability on the new model. The rational might be that it's more important to provide accurate information to the driver so that he/she can manage the parking ok, than providing an algorithm that would reject most parking places because of the necessary margin it keeps. I'm also thinking that the capability could show up in a future software update.

:)

#14 ·
Hi. I cheekily used 90 degree park assist on my 45 mile test drive on 2 December 2020 and Evie (named on purchase) actually close a vacant space behind me that I'd already rejected and I had to squeeze out of the car like toothpaste from a tube. VERY IMPRESSIVE!

#15 ·
Hello All,
I very recently purchased a 21MY IPACE HSE. Can some one tell me how to do automatic parking with Privi pro. The camera symbol has a park assist symbol but not sure how to actually use automatic parking. NO videos anywhere. Videos are with the older models where there is separate icon!!!!!

#17 ·
Parking assist is the missing feature on 21my, the one that finds spots and parks into them. The icon is a steering wheel with the letter P near it and I bet no one ever saw it on any 21my cars.
The park aid system is the one that combines the cameras and parking sensors into that nice 360 degrees view. The icon is a camera with the letter P near it and probably this is the icon that causes confusion...

#18 ·
Fluff said:
There maybe some method of anonymity, but I'm not a big believer in those sort of statements.

You have an SOS button, maybe someone else can comment, pretty sure the spec of european SOS includes some automatic functions, like airbag operation?

Also the newer sat nav systems take data from cars, how do you think your latest sat nav knows exactly where a que of traffic is?
The data from the navi is not linked to your VIN

#21 ·
I've got it in both the I-Pace and the Evoque. I used it once in the Evoque to see what is was like (quite impressive, but I could have parked quicker and nearer the kerb myself). It would be useful if I lived in a residential street with limited parking spaces, but thankfully I don't.

Not sure I'll ever use it in the I-Pace...

#22 ·
I have tried a couple of times, but it takes too long and I am not convinced by it so have never used it in the real world.

#23 ·
Fizz said:
Hello,

Receive my 2021 HSE a few weeks ago. I can't find the automatic parking functionality. It is listed in the manual, tutorial and promotional material but I don't seem to have the button. Any suggestions how to enable it? Can't see it in the app draw. Feels like I'm missing an app.

This is what I get:
2021Homesensored.jpg

This is what I'm expecting:
2021tutorial.jpg
press.jpg

Thanks!
Good morning Fizz,

Thank you for your post.

After discussion with our product team, I can confirm that 'Park Assist' is not available for 21 model year I-PACE.

Would it be possible to confirm where you located this information, so our product team can review and ensure all of our promotional material is correct.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.