Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Vehicle
Not looking good. :cry: :cry:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lots of software updates. No response came the stern reply. Suspicion that it is a DC converter.

·
Registered
72 Posts
This really is a crock of guano from Jaguar. I use DC converters for a number of applications in varying current capacities and voltage boosting or dropping. In 16 years not one has packed up. And they are only a few £ from eBay or Amazon.

·
Registered
112 Posts
elbocko said:
Lots of software updates. No response came the stern reply. Suspicion that it is a DC converter.
what display error message you got?
was it after/during a DC charging session?

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After an AC charging session I received a Battery Charging fault detected (in English), it had charged to 100%. I locked the vehicle and left it for 30 minutes. I then drove the vehicle for a couple of days with no repeat but when I plugged into my domestic 240v AC charger I received a red warning error on the dashboard and the LED in the charging port flashed red. (MY19 vehicle). Again left it locked for half an hour and checked again, error repeated so I pressed the service call button and they took my car away after trying various and repeated software downloads.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Zero has now returned.
Car was delivered to Hendy in Southampton on Thursday 23rd. A fault was diagnosed in the Distribution module which was replaced on Friday 24th. After completing this, a further fault (cascade) was then detected in the Charging Pack which had to be replaced, all the while I was without transport because my driving licence is buried in that amorphous mass known as the DVLA so no Courtesy vehicle. I was offered one had I had a licence which I could produce. Replacement of the Charging Pack was carried out on the Friday but during a test drive, they determined that water, generated by the heat pump, was spraying onto the electrics. They were unable to obtain a replacement AC unit until Monday 4th October. On Monday 4th, I was informed that the vehicle was ready for collection. Test run last Sunday 10th October, all working well half a charge at Pease Pottage until a BMW I3 owner decided to stop my charge because they could not disconnect their CCS plug which was on the same charger unit. Excellent further charge at Handcross, The Red Lion pub, and a BP Pulse unit.
Many thanks to Hendy JLR in Southampton for doing the best that could be expected. All under warranty.
Camera accessory Gadget Audio equipment Cameras & optics Font

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Glad to hear it all got sorted eventually, fingers crossed it stays ok. Also good to know Hendy JLR were ok.

My wife's licence had to be renewed recently (the big 70) and we just did it online and received the new one very quickly.

This might be a silly question but what are the photos in you post?

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AndyP said:
Glad to hear it all got sorted eventually, fingers crossed it stays ok. Also good to know Hendy JLR were ok.

My wife's licence had to be renewed recently (the big 70) and we just did it online and received the new one very quickly.

Part of a gift from JLR/Hendy for my car breaking down.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
elbocko said:
AndyP said:

Part of a gift from JLR/Hendy for my car breaking down.
"Gift" doesn't really answer the question!

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"Gift" doesn't really answer the question!
it is a multiple access travel plug with European/US/Australian connectors both plug and socket and two Fast USB A sockets.

Reactions: AndyP
1 - 12 of 12 Posts