Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello [email protected]

The wording provided by Jaguar for the battery warranty reads as:

"1I-PACE's warranty is limited to 8 years or 100,000 miles (160,000km) (whichever comes first). It is redeemable in the case of any manufacturing defect or should a certified Jaguar retailer measure that the battery has dropped below a 70 percent state of health."

As this is a major cost component of the car and one that I don't want to have to worry about when the warranty period or mileage has expired, could you explain how the 70% SoH is determined and how I can monitor it?

Thanks,

Chewy.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Chewy said:
Hello [email protected]

The wording provided by Jaguar for the battery warranty reads as:

"1I-PACE's warranty is limited to 8 years or 100,000 miles (160,000km) (whichever comes first). It is redeemable in the case of any manufacturing defect or should a certified Jaguar retailer measure that the battery has dropped below a 70 percent state of health."

As this is a major cost component of the car and one that I don't want to have to worry about when the warranty period or mileage has expired, could you explain how the 70% SoH is determined and how I can monitor it?

Thanks,

Chewy.
Good Morning Chewy

Thank you for your post.

Currently there isn't any way for the customer to monitor battery health independently.

This is due to there being an internal calculation within the vehicle electronics BECM, which works out cell degradation. If issues are experienced, the retailer will investigate and determine state of health for the battery.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply. Does that mean we have to go to a dealer to ensure the battery degradation levels?

Can you please release the "calculation" that the BECM uses as we are completely dependent on this calculation for the warranty.

Can you please arrange to have an indication of the battery state displayed to the customer on the screen in a future release of the software.

G

·
What we need is a battery condition metering system like in the Mercedes AA Class:

[media]
[/media]

·
Registered
197 Posts
mjc said:
What we need is a battery condition metering system like in the Mercedes AA Class:
:lol: :D good one

·
Registered
137 Posts
Chewy said:
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply. Does that mean we have to go to a dealer to ensure the battery degradation levels?

Can you please release the "calculation" that the BECM uses as we are completely dependent on this calculation for the warranty.

Can you please arrange to have an indication of the battery state displayed to the customer on the screen in a future release of the software.
Hi Chewy

Thank you for your response.

Your comments and suggestions will be passed on to the relevant area of the business for consideration.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chewy said:
Hi Dan,

Hi Chewy

Your comments and suggestions will be passed on to the relevant area of the business for consideration.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK
Hi Dan

You missed the first question?

Does that mean we have to go to a dealer to ensure the battery degradation levels?

Chewy

·
Registered
137 Posts
Chewy said:
Chewy said:
Hi Dan,

Hi Chewy

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK
Hi Dan

You missed the first question?

Does that mean we have to go to a dealer to ensure the battery degradation levels?

Chewy
Good Morning Chewy

Thank you for your post.

Should you experience any concerns within regards to the health of the battery then we strongly advise that you visit your retailer at your earliest convenience.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

·
Registered
389 Posts
Chewy, I think it's obvious that there is only so much Dan can answer or achieve in his position. Ultimately if Jaguar do not want to give you access or control over your battery then no amount of asking will change that. We will just have to hope that as they move more and more towards fully electric that they will learn to unlock/add these features. In the meantime maybe someone will come up with the Jaguar equivalent of leafspy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good Morning Chewy

Thank you for your post.

Currently there isn't any way for the customer to monitor battery health independently.

This is due to there being an internal calculation within the vehicle electronics BECM, which works out cell degradation. If issues are experienced, the retailer will investigate and determine state of health for the battery.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK
Good Morning Chewy

Thank you for your post.

Should you experience any concerns within regards to the health of the battery then we strongly advise that you visit your retailer at your earliest convenience.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK
Hi Dan,
I have just bought an approved used IPace SE 2019. I was told at the point of purchase that the SoH is 100%, which seems surprising as it has done 30k miles. If I take this into the dealer, can they provide me with the battery capacity as well as the SoH?
Thanks

·
Registered
2020 I-Pace S
8 Posts
Hi Dan,
I have just bought an approved used IPace SE 2019. I was told at the point of purchase that the SoH is 100%, which seems surprising as it has done 30k miles. If I take this into the dealer, can they provide me with the battery capacity as well as the SoH?
Thanks
There are apps and a webpage that access Jaguar data and provide information like this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are apps and a webpage that access Jaguar data and provide information like this.
Thanks @Docrwm,
I can't see any apps or pages that show this state of health data. I have found other threads on the forum that give ways to work out the charge held in the battery, but nothing that shows state of health. Even my Jaguar dealer and their tech's were not able (or wouldn't) to provide any details on how State of Health is calculated and claimed it is an internal Jaguar process/methodology?

·
Registered
2020 I-Pace S
8 Posts
Thanks @Docrwm,
I can't see any apps or pages that show this state of health data. I have found other threads on the forum that give ways to work out the charge held in the battery, but nothing that shows state of health. Even my Jaguar dealer and their tech's were not able (or wouldn't) to provide any details on how State of Health is calculated and claimed it is an internal Jaguar process/methodology?
Try these online. The static/jlr.html can be set as a page on your dash via the web from what I have been told (I haven't tried it yet)

·
Registered
560 Posts
The State of Health is not exposed through the regular JLR API on JLR servers (all exposed parameters can be seen with this page : https://ipace.herokuapp.com/static/param.html )
If you want to see the SOH, youneed an OBD2 reader and some app that can connect to the OBD2 and can read the IPAce info from it (car scanner, power cruise control, or any app with customizable query on OBD2 port like TorquePro)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts