Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just been watching a YouTube video about what happens when your Tesla battery runs out
The car was parked at an airport with 30 miles worth of charge in the battery and a few days later it was flat. According to this video a Tesla loses between 2% and 5% of its charge every day while it is parked. I wish that I had known this before I went to the Solihull event last week, it would have been interesting to ask the question of Jaguar. I wonder if you go on holiday for two weeks and leave your car in the airport car park you might return to find the charge has reduced and the range gone by 100 miles? Lets hope not!
Is it too late for someone who is going to Solihull to ask the question?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I asked exactly this question to Dr. Ziebart (technical design director). He promised the I-Pace battery will lose only 1-2% per week.

Hope this is helpful for you. :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Darkhelmet said:
I asked exactly this question to Dr. Ziebart (technical design director). He promised the I-Pace battery will lose only 1-2% per week.

Hope this is helpful for you. :)
Thanks, that sounds much more reasonable and is quite reassuring. The technology is a fascinating learning curve and I'm sure there is still a lot more to find out about. This forum is already proving very useful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts