Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Any advice or thoughts on best companies to go for ?
Had my Chargemaster point fitted last week and the installer said Direct Line were supposed to be great for Tesla s,
Rough quotes so far for my HSE were around £750/800 on confused .com
Direct line , very nearly £400
Any suggestions gratefully accepted
Malcolm

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi Malcolm, Incredible price from Direct Line you have been quoted. My quote from them just now £1020.32 without NCD protection & Legal Cover! Have had no accidents or convictions & 9+ NCD! Unbelievable. AVIVA have quoted me £176.00 with my other Multi Car Policies which will be renewed in Mar 19.
Kind regards.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How bizarre !
We used to have multi car with Admiral , but it started to cost more than if we insured them separately ,
Will give Aviva a try though

·
Registered
455 Posts
Malcolm just this moment took policy with Aviva to start on 28/09 @ £167.00 for 6 months. Multi Car!
Thanks,

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a quote from LV for £431/yr for ipace SE (OTR price £70,010), 9yrs+ NCD, Both drivers in 40s, 2 incidents (not at fault) and car kept on road.

·
Registered
65 Posts
LV quote for my FE coming in at £1080!!!

That's garaged, 10k yearly, no claims of 12 years, 1 x SP50 and just myself and my wife. Both in 40s and low risk occupations. The search goes on.

·
Registered
455 Posts
MiCoHi, I also had a similar quote from LV who had previously insured my i8! No accidents or convictions & 9years+ NCD. Garaged as well.
Fortunately insured with AVIVA Multi Car for £167.00 until 03/19.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Also if anyone in UK is thinking of GAP Insurance do let me know as just did Back to Invoice + Tyre Insurance @ 25% discount via a code.
Checked the tyre size on 20inch 245/50R20 105V which is around £200 each! Tyre Insurance for up to 5 tyres over 3 years £189.00!
Thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
nipri said:
Also if anyone in UK is thinking of GAP Insurance do let me know as just did Back to Invoice + Tyre Insurance @ 25% discount via a code.
Checked the tyre size on 20inch 245/50R20 105V which is around £200 each! Tyre Insurance for up to 5 tyres over 3 years £189.00!
Thanks.
That's such a good deal! Are there any special clauses like not being covered while in Europe?

·
Registered
89 Posts
nipri said:
MiCoHi, I also had a similar quote from LV who had previously insured my i8! No accidents or convictions & 9years+ NCD. Garaged as well.
Best of luck.
One thing I learnt is that garaging a car can put the premium up, not down. Bizarre but true in my personal experience. Tell them you'll keep the car on the drive and see what happens!

·
Registered
485 Posts
bluenun said:
nipri said:
Best of luck.
One thing I learnt is that garaging a car can put the premium up, not down. Bizarre but true in my personal experience. Tell them you'll keep the car on the drive and see what happens!
This possibly make sense. I remember talking to a car repairer once who said that most of the repairs he did were self inflicted and a lot were getting in and out of garages.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Still playing with the insurance companies , while waiting for delivery , delayed again !!!
Went back onto confused .com and cut my quote in half to under £400
When I checked back over the details , they had assumed that there was no tracker fitted , there is one fitted !
Might be a reason for some of the extortionate quotes people are getting ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
malcolm said:
Still playing with the insurance companies , while waiting for delivery , delayed again !!!
Went back onto confused .com and cut my quote in half to under £400
When I checked back over the details , they had assumed that there was no tracker fitted , there is one fitted !
Might be a reason for some of the extortionate quotes people are getting ?
Are you paying a subscription for the tracker? As far as I can tell vehicle comes with InControl Protect as standard, but the thatcham 6 approved tracker is called InControl Secure and is subscription based (£500 / 3 years).

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was under the impression that it was included free of charge for the 3 years !
Looks like another question for the dealers
I know its a new product , but they do seem to be unsure about so many things !!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.