Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my FE yesterday .
But 8n the evening when opening the boney to charge, I noticed that the boney is not well aligned with the front of the car 9n the right side. It's 0.5 cm higher.
Does anyone has this problem ?
A bit annoying for a 100k € car ..
I ll go to my dealer to see if it can be fixed.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was told to make sure you push both sides down together as there is a catch at both sides. If they don't close together one will latch properly

·
Registered
37 Posts
Quality control doesn't seem to get much attention at JLR, Got my HSE on friday and have the same issue, on top of that the front edge of the bonnet has some deep scratches, the driver door
Edge is missing paint ( the white base is showing ). Front fender is scratched. The boot has som big spots where the clear coat hasn't been applied properly. The bonnet doesn't close properly, takes a couple of tries and excessive force for it to close or elese the car won't lock. Going back on Monday to the dealer on Monday...

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx smd318. I ll check that.
For me all others things like paint looks good.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Marcom said:
Quality control doesn't seem to get much attention at JLR, Got my HSE on friday and have the same issue, on top of that the front edge of the bonnet has some deep scratches, the driver door
Edge is missing paint ( the white base is showing ). Front fender is scratched. The boot has som big spots where the clear coat hasn't been applied properly. The bonnet doesn't close properly, takes a couple of tries and excessive force for it to close or elese the car won't lock. Going back on Monday to the dealer on Monday...
Can you post some pictures of these issues? Will be helpfull for others to quickly identify potential issues during hand-over at the dealer. Supposedly JLR is also reading this topic, so will help them improve QA.

Hope you get it resolved quickly.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Raeth said:
Can you post some pictures of these issues? Will be helpfull for others to quickly identify potential issues during hand-over at the dealer. Supposedly JLR is also reading this topic, so will help them improve QA.

Hope you get it resolved quickly.
Yes , would be very helpful.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I had the same type of issues on a previous Jaguar model. First impressions on handover were excellent but after driving home and spending more time with it I found a multitude of quality issues. Needless to say I spent the weekend with the car and it was rejected on Monday morning. The only reason I was happy to order the I Pace was the fact it wasn't made in any of JLRs UK plants. Looks now like I will be going over the I pace carefully after seeing this post. Panel alignment whilst annoying can be sorted but paint issues are in my book unacceptable. I'm not handing over £80k so the dealer can paint a brand new car.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok my bad,it was just not well close.
So nothing bad for now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts