Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
MY21, Eiger Grey, Black Pack, Panorama, Active Air Suspension, Configurable Dynamics
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Recently bought a Brink towbar for my MY21 and got it mounted by a local mechanic. There seems to be an issue with the electrical kit, they have tried using two different ones. Now when the electrical plug from any trailer is connected, all the cars displays go dark, and when the trailer is disconnected all is well again. Other cars have no problems with the trailer in question, so the issue seems to lie with the Jag…

Has anyone had similar issues with their towbars?

Cheers!

·
Registered
876 Posts
The rear bike carrier is designed to work with an extended light board which will have to be coded to function correctly, wether a Jaguar dealer is willing to do that is another matter, you can ask, many simply refuse to touch a towbar fitted by others.
Its the same with the FPace and other JLR vehicles

·
Registered
MY21, Eiger Grey, Black Pack, Panorama, Active Air Suspension, Configurable Dynamics
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Indeed! Ordering an OEM kit seems to be the way to go. Thanks everyone! 👍🏻

·
Registered
17 Posts
The rear bike carrier is designed to work with an extended light board which will have to be coded to function correctly, wether a Jaguar dealer is willing to do that is another matter, you can ask, many simply refuse to touch a towbar fitted by others.
Its the same with the FPace and other JLR vehicles
To my knowledge (3 new JLr vehicles in the last 7 years all with an aftermarket towbar) there is often no coding on jlr vehicles, it’s the first line on the topix instructions “do not code”. Model 21/22 models require the part that TheRonin has mentioned.

edit: apologies 2022 model fitting guide says to update the trailer control module which earlier models do not require.

·
Registered
131 Posts
To my knowledge (3 new JLr vehicles in the last 7 years all with an aftermarket towbar) there is no coding on jlr vehicles, it’s the first line on the fitting instructions “do not code”, it’s plug and play, . Model 21/22 models require the part that TheRonin has mentioned.
There is a section in the install manual that's says update the towing module and activate towing module using JLR diagnostic equipment.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Looks like the only way to guarantee a trouble free towbar is to go the JLR route, it's extortionate though £1700.

Has anyone got any pictures of the towbar and electrics installed? Would like to see how visible it is with the towbar removed.

·
Registered
2018 HSE Silicon Silver with the F-Type interior
90 Posts
I had my tow bar installed by a third party company and they also installed a Brink bar. it cost me 1200 euro all in.

Jaguar just charges a Jaguar rate for the same service.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had my tow bar installed by a third party company and they also installed a Brink bar. it cost me 1200 euro all in.

Jaguar just charges a Jaguar ervice.
This is OK for older cars but some my21 and my22 are currently not supported by brink due to changes in the wiring looms.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts