Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find anything interesting on this one.
All PID are not moving, all represent constant, when I drive.
PID D10E changed from "21 20 21 20 21" to "20 21 ff ff ff" when I switch the car from off to on.
and PID D99E is a 8 bytes values, all zero except 2, They seem to change randomly...

·
Registered
558 Posts
dernotte said:
I can't find anything interesting on this one.
All PID are not moving, all represent constant, when I drive.
PID D10E changed from "21 20 21 20 21" to "20 21 ff ff ff" when I switch the car from off to on.
and PID D99E is a 8 bytes values, all zero except 2, They seem to change randomly...
Ok, thanks for the effort, a0a6 is current location (I think), the last byte is number of satellites.

0x754 000 16 0322a0a600000000
0x75c 000 16 037f227800000000
0x75c 000 16 100d62a0a6000000 # I guess this is no fix
0x75c 000 16 2100000000000000 #number of satellites

Torque has a problem decoding the message, will try a more modern app.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maxwell_400 said:
Ok, thanks for the effort, a0a6 is current location (I think), the last byte is number of satellites.

I don't follow you on PID here. Which PID are you talk about on 754 module ?

TCU battery (4.1v) should be hidden somewhere

Jaguar doc says

The ignition off (Power Mode 0 or 4) mode may occur before the TCU has sent all of the logistics tracking data to the manufacturer's servers. The TCU battery enables the TCU to reliably deliver this data. The TCU is in a pre-activated state when in transit mode.

During the vehicle Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) process the TCU is removed from transit mode and switched on to an 'activated state'. When the TCU is removed from transit mode, the telematics system on the vehicle becomes fully active.

The TCU charges the battery when the engine is running (Power Mode 7). The charging function is controlled and regulated by the TCU software.
The power mode should be somewhere as well.

·
Registered
558 Posts
dernotte said:
Maxwell_400 said:

I don't follow you on PID here. Which PID are you talk about on 754 module ?

TCU battery (4.1v) should be hidden somewhere

Jaguar doc says

The ignition off (Power Mode 0 or 4) mode may occur before the TCU has sent all of the logistics tracking data to the manufacturer's servers. The TCU battery enables the TCU to reliably deliver this data. The TCU is in a pre-activated state when in transit mode.

During the vehicle Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) process the TCU is removed from transit mode and switched on to an 'activated state'. When the TCU is removed from transit mode, the telematics system on the vehicle becomes fully active.

The TCU charges the battery when the engine is running (Power Mode 7). The charging function is controlled and regulated by the TCU software.
The power mode should be somewhere as well.
I guess that location is on pid a0a6 on the 754 module.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maxwell_400 said:
In that case I have to double check the available PID on this module, because I did not get that one on my first screening.

·
Registered
558 Posts
dernotte said:
Maxwell_400 said:
In that case I have to double check the available PID on this module, because I did not get that one on my first screening.
It returns a multi-frame response, I have problems decoding it.

On 7e5 I have been looking for the plug current. The plug voltage can be found on fe02 as well as 498f so I was looking for the current on one of the fexx pids and byte F on fe06 changes with plug current. The currents 10,13,25,32 give values of 70,71,75,78 respectively.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For unknown reason, I realize that I left the PID FExx aside during all my investigations. I will fix that soon. But you're right FE02 is close/equal to 498F.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the car was off when I did my PID scan, so some of them were missing.
SO, definitively PID A0A6 is the location.
I have "00 5b xx xx ff 6c xx xx 03 19", and my location is Lat=45.xxxx, Long=-73.xxx

So, I guess byte 0 and byte 4 are the sign (Positive for lat, and negative for long in my case).
Byte [0,1,2,3] gives 0x5b____ = 59____, if you divide that number by 0x20000 , you get 45.____
and byte [4,5,6,7] = 0xff6____ = -96____, if you divide that number by 0x20000, you get -73.____
Quite close to expected value.

I agree that last byte is probably the number of sattelites,
byte[8] = 0x03 . I have no idea what it is.

·
Registered
770 Posts
dernotte said:
It could be the number of constellations used for fix: Gps, Galileo, Glonass.
But it's just a guess....

·
Registered
558 Posts
dernotte said:
I think the car was off when I did my PID scan, so some of them were missing.
SO, definitively PID A0A6 is the location.

So, I guess byte 0 and byte 4 are the sign (Positive for lat, and negative for long in my case).

Confirmed, you make it look so easy. :D

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I remember in the list of param reported by the API, the is one named TU_STATUS_DAYS_SINCE_GNSS_FIX, and its value is very often 3. It must be that.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looking at the JLR API, we can also say that

PID A0A8 = TU_STATUS_IMEI (embedded SIM card)
PID F18C = TU_STATUS_SERIAL_NUMBER
PID D90B (could be) TU_STATUS_PRIMARY_VOLT (the small 4v battery)
PID D930 seems to be an IP address, but the car was not connected to the Wifi when I did the scan, so it is not clear.

There are many 'status' values in the API like (see below), but that will be hard to map on a PID.

TU_STATUS_GNSS FUNCTIONING
TU_STATUS_GNSS_ANTENNA FUNCTIONING
TU_STATUS_GSM_EXT_ANTENNA FUNCTIONING
TU_STATUS_GSM_MODEM FUNCTIONING

·
Registered
558 Posts
dernotte said:
Looking at the JLR API, we can also say that

PID A0A8 = TU_STATUS_IMEI (embedded SIM card)
PID F18C = TU_STATUS_SERIAL_NUMBER
PID D90B (could be) TU_STATUS_PRIMARY_VOLT (the small 4v battery)
PID D930 seems to be an IP address, but the car was not connected to the Wifi when I did the scan, so it is not clear.

There is many 'status' value in the API like (see below), but that will be hard to map on a PID.

TU_STATUS_GNSS FUNCTIONING
TU_STATUS_GNSS_ANTENNA FUNCTIONING
TU_STATUS_GSM_EXT_ANTENNA FUNCTIONING
TU_STATUS_GSM_MODEM FUNCTIONING
> PID D90B (could be) TU_STATUS_PRIMARY_VOLT (the small 4v battery)
yes I agree, will see, it occasionally drops to 4 volts

> PID D930 seems to be an IP address, but the car was not connected to the Wifi when I did the scan, so it is not clear.
I connected to both external wifi and mobile net, no change.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was expecting to find some info about the communication with JLR server, like last tentative, or last successful communication time (we know what a date should look like with PID DD00), last attempt to update software, etc.... But nothing is close to a timestamp in exposed PID.

·
Registered
558 Posts
dernotte said:
I was expecting to find some info about the communication with JLR server, like last tentative, or last successful communication time (we know what a date should look like with PID DD00), last attempt to update software, etc.... But nothing is close to a timestamp in exposed PID.
You imply there is a system, the location was a good find though.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don't you think we should find the elevation from the GPS data, somewhere . This is usually an info we found on most GPS ?

·
Registered
377 Posts

Possibly the IP address allocated to the e-SIM when connected to a network?
What is the IP address and does it tally with your mobile phone IP address when it is connected to your provider?
You can check by putting it into a search on Google to which provider it is using at that moment.
Stay safe

Ian

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
With or without being connected to the home router, the value is "28.FF.FF.FF.FF.FF.bi"

·
Registered
558 Posts
dernotte said:
Don't you think we should find the elevation from the GPS data, somewhere . This is usually an info we found on most GPS ?
yes and if they use off the shelf modules from JLR one may find roll angles, compass and barometric pressure.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am still looking for elevation and compass.
PID d9b0 is only 1 byte. It is quite flat around here, but the value looks like going down when I drive down to the river, and the value goes up when I go the opposite direction. The value always get back to the same value when I get back home.

I don't understand how a single byte could represent an elevation. I will do more test tomorrow.

PID D99e is a 8 bytes value . Byte 4 goes from 0 to 60 in 60 sec, byte 8 goes from 60 to 0 in 60 sec. ?????

I could not find anything close to a compass value. I turned in square, nothing changed from 0 to 360. More test tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts