Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
Maxwell_400 said:
Torque has a problem decoding the message, will try a more modern app.
Torque Pro seems to accept
Byte [0,1,2,3]: INT32(A:B:C:D)
Byte [4,5,6,7]: INT32(E:F:G:H)
Etc.... to device. Or did you mean something else?

Do you have any idea how to have Torque Pro log the full HEX string?

dernotte said:
Any idea how to code 0x20000 in Torque Pro, other than entering the DEC value?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
dernotte said:
I am still looking for elevation and compass.
PID d9b0 is only 1 byte. It is quite flat around here, but the value looks like going down when I drive down to the river, and the value goes up when I go the opposite direction. The value always get back to the same value when I get back home.
I have double checked with a Garmin GPS, and it says elevation = 32m, and PID D9B0 says "1F", quite close... I will try to go in the mountain around here, this afternoon, go get other value, and check again my Garmin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
dernotte said:
ok, I was completely wrong. After a few tests, it appears that PID D9B0 is the TCU cell signal quality (between 0 - 32).
Cannot get them all right at once :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
ANBO said:
Maxwell_400 said:
Torque has a problem decoding the message, will try a more modern app.
Torque Pro seems to accept
Byte [0,1,2,3]: INT32(A:B:C:D)
Byte [4,5,6,7]: INT32(E:F:G:H)
Etc.... to device. Or did you mean something else?

Do you have any idea how to have Torque Pro log the full HEX string?
I cannot get Torque to read the first frame, the second is ok. Tried R0, R1, N0, N1, etc. Works with a different app.

Made my own pid scanner script for the windows laptop so I am able to do whatever the ovms box does and thinking about porting it to an android app.

You are not supposed to look at the screen while driving, but I think on the main screen it can be nice to have power, battery temp and estimated remaining range while driving.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
dernotte said:
ok, I was completely wrong. After a few tests, it appears that PID D9B0 is the TCU cell signal quality (between 0 - 32).
Good to know TCU signal quality anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
Maxwell_400 said:
ANBO said:
Maxwell_400 said:
Torque has a problem decoding the message, will try a more modern app.
Torque Pro seems to accept
Byte [0,1,2,3]: INT32(A:B:C:D)
Byte [4,5,6,7]: INT32(E:F:G:H)
Etc.... to device. Or did you mean something else?

Do you have any idea how to have Torque Pro log the full HEX string?
I cannot get Torque to read the first frame, the second is ok. Tried R0, R1, N0, N1, etc. Works with a different app.

Made my own pid scanner script for the windows laptop so I am able to do whatever the ovms box does and thinking about porting it to an android app.

You are not supposed to look at the screen while driving, but I think on the main screen it can be nice to have power, battery temp and estimated remaining range while driving.
Doesn't seem to work for me neither
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
kermit68 said:
dernotte said:
I agree that last byte is probably the number of sattelites,
byte[8] = 0x03 . I have no idea what it is.
It could be the number of constellations used for fix: Gps, Galileo, Glonass.
But it's just a guess....
Suggest it is the GPS accuracy. On my phone, in the car this is 6m.

PS made progress (with kind forum helpers) on getting 3 out of 4 of these working in Torque Pro. Latitude is still giving trouble.

Since these are multi line responses, there is a need for Start and Stop commands:

Start: atd1\nath1
Start: atd0\nath0

Also instead of A:B use R1:R2

Latitude: INT32(Signed(R0):R1:R2:R3)/131072
Longitude: INT32(Signed(R4):R5:R6:R7)/131072
Accuracy: R8
Sattelites: R9

Green Light Font Line Gadget


Font Slope Terrestrial plant Parallel Science
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
There I am getting 1. Will check again tomorrow, but since I had the car out yesterday as well, I would not expect 3 days since the last fix.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
For those interested Torque Pro fixed the reading of the GPS PID.

Latitude: INT32(Signed(A):B:C: D)/131072
Longitude: INT32(Signed(E):F:G:H)/131072
Accuracy?: I
Sattelites?: J

Any successes on Heading and Altitude?

Gadget Font Communication Device Parallel Electronic device
 
  • Like
Reactions: Maxwell_400

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
Have the same recollection. Just checking :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
For those interested Torque Pro fixed the reading of the GPS PID.

Latitude: INT32(Signed(A):B:C: D)/131072
Longitude: INT32(Signed(E):F:G:H)/131072
Thanks! I thought Torque Pro was abandonware, glad to see it updated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
Not very active neither, but GPS I was interested in to get to ABRP, to be able to get the phone back to the centre console or think about a blackberry PI.

ABRP are looking more at AA/Carplay to pull this from the car, rather than through OBD. We'll see.

At least TorquePro has a fix.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
852 Posts
At least TorquePro has a fix.
Unfortunately only for MY19/20, I struggled unsuccessfully to talk to TCU on MY21 .... It's a ghost, it's there but no way to reach it, and not just for GPS. No answer to any PID.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
Weird. Have you ever tried the test button in the PID editor?

Font Parallel Terrestrial plant Automotive tire Slope
 
21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top