Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Hope you're all enjoying your new I-Paces :)

I work for a car mat company and would be interested in obtaining the pattern for the I-Pace mats so that we can start to offer them for sale.
Would anybody be interested in making a paper/card template of their OEM mats (or footwell areas) and sending them to me?
In return, I can offer whoever provides the pattern a free set of mats, made using our 1100g/m2 black prestige velour.

We're UK based, so the RHD pattern is the main priority.
However, this offer also extends to anybody who could supply the LHD pattern (we'd send you a free set of LHD mats and would also contribute towards any shipping costs.)

Also, if we can obtain the pattern, we could offer discount on any future orders for forum members.
I believe the OEM mats cost around the £100.00 GBP mark (correct me if I'm wrong), whereas a set of 4 from us, using our highest quality 1500g/m2 shag pile velour, would only cost around £44.99 (and we have various other qualities/colours available).
So it could be a nice alternative to the OEM mats so that you can all save a bit of money on mats.

Anyway, I hope this post doesn't break any rules, and I look forward to hopefully hearing from somebody soon.
Please just send me a private message if you'd be interested in arranging to send me a pattern.

Thank you,
Lewis

G

·
Hi Lewis

I am interested in becoming a customer for your mats, but unfortunately don't expect to be able to send you a pattern (I was not prepared to add the mats as a priced option). I hope somebody supplies you the template soon, so I can buy from you :)

In my experience the Jaguar ones only last (in the drivers position) for a couple of years before starting to deteriorate, so will value your source of supply now, and in future. As I am going for the ivory interior I would be pleased to order light coloured mats to suit, even if it ends up needing more frequent replacement.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
mjc said:
Hi Lewis

I am interested in becoming a customer for your mats, but unfortunately don't expect to be able to send you a pattern (I was not prepared to add the mats as a priced option). I hope somebody supplies you the template soon, so I can buy from you :)

In my experience the Jaguar ones only last (in the drivers position) for a couple of years before starting to deteriorate, so will value your source of supply now, and in future. As I am going for the ivory interior I would be pleased to order light coloured mats to suit, even if it ends up needing more frequent replacement.
Hello MJC, do you have your I-pace already or not? I also didn't select them as an option but my I-pace did have mats when delivered? Maybe a lucky mistake in my favor but was actually wondering if I was lucky or these are the basic factory mats and if you did select the €102 option you got more luxurious/better quality mats.

See below pictures of the mats that came with my I-pace.
Hood Sleeve Luggage and bags Road surface Automotive design

Rectangle Grey Bag Automotive exterior Font

Road surface Sleeve Asphalt Rectangle Grey

Attachments

G

·
Hi Jelle,

Still five weeks before my dealer is set to receive my I-Pace. Maybe my dealer, like yours, will install mats for free also.

I just could not bring myself to order mats as a £100 accessory for an £80k vehicle - I have never had to do so before, on cars half the price.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My initial order in March automatically included floor mats - when the car was reslotted (twice) the mats disappeared - the dealer said they would honour the original order …….. I'll tell you in January / February when the car comes.

As others have said, I haven't paid extra for mats on any new car for the last 10 years, regardless of price.
I don't intend to start now

·
Registered
41 Posts
Carpet Mats are standard in the First Edition, there should be some FE's in the north west near to where you are.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'll be glad to give you a pattern of mine (LHD) when I get the vehicle. All US spec vehicles come standard with mats but I would like to get light coloured mats to match the seats (Light Oyster) as a second set. Before anyone comments on the impracticality on light colored mats; it doesn't rain where i live! :)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Joshuableu said:
I'll be glad to give you a pattern of mine (LHD) when I get the vehicle. All US spec vehicles come standard with mats but I would like to get light coloured mats to match the seats (Light Oyster) as a second set. Before anyone comments on the impracticality on light colored mats; it doesn't rain where i live! :)
Everyone's their own choice but even if it doesn't rain there still can be a bit of dirt, sand etc at the bottom of your shoes - this would far earlier show on light mats than on dark mats. I am very happy to have light interior but the floor and the mats being dark.
A colleague of mine drive a BMW 5 with full light interior en light mats but in less than 6 months he got those light mats exchanged as they were already semi dark.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the replies so far.

I've had a few PMs regarding the mats, but am unable to reply (new accounts mustn't be able to use the private message function immediately).
So, if anybody has already sent me a message, if you could send another with your email address, I will get some details sent over such as where to send the templates to, etc.

Thanks,
Lew

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Might be because on many forums you need to have a minimum of 3 or maybe 5 posts before you can respond to PM's not sure what it is on here but best you just make a few posts to find out.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Nice ! Hope I can order from France.

Edit : well, it seems it's UK only. Pity, i was about to order the prestige ones

·
Registered
528 Posts
Tophe74 said:
Nice ! Hope I can order from France.

Edit : well, it seems it's UK only. Pity, i was about to order the prestige ones
Tophe...
if you do find a way, don't forget that the LHD pattern will be different to the RHD pattern ! (They may only have RHD)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi guys,

Firstly, thank you to anyone who messaged to offer to send templates.
It's very much appreciated.

We have obtained the templates that we needed, so we are now able to offer our mats for both the RHD and LHD I-Pace models.

You can purchase them online by clicking the link below:
https://goo.gl/P17MFn

I have also set up a discount code for you guys, so if you wish to order a set, don't forget to use discount code "ipaceforum10" at checkout for 10% off your basket total.
This offer can be used on all products, not just the I-Pace mats, so if you'd like to order & save on mats for your other cars, or mats for your friends/family's cars, then be my guest.
There is no minimum/maximum order amount for the code to be valid.

Couple of things to note:
1) The listing picture shows a generic mat for display purposes, to show the colours you have selected and how they will look together.
2) The listing is for a fully tailored set of 4 mats - both front mats and both rear mats.
3) All mats come with the correct fixings eyelets so that they can be secured to the hooks in the footwell areas.

Once again, thank you all for offering to help out with templates, and I hope to deal with you in the near future :)

Cheers,
Lew

·
Registered
528 Posts
Lewis said:
I have also set up a discount code for you guys, so if you wish to order a set, don't forget to use discount code "ipaceforum10" at checkout for 10% off your basket total.
Hi Lewis,
I've been trying discount code ipaceforum50 but it doesn't seem to be taking the expected 50% off.
Please can you fix your webshop to recognise this code ?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts