Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Newbie here.. just picked up my 2018 SE yesterday and absolutely love it..!!!

I had a bit of a disappointment when I tried to connect my phone via CarPlay by pressing and holding the Voice activation button down on the steering wheel as it appears I don’t actually have CarPay on my car…???

I perhaps naively thought that all I-Paces had CarPlay/Android Auto. When I Googled it it seems that this is only on cars from 2019 onwards…?? Is that correct..?

Is there any way to add CarPlay to my car?

Thanks for help 😎

·
Registered
177 Posts
Once your phone is connected via USB use the CarPlay symbol on the main car screen to access CarPlay. It doesn’t open until it’s selected on the screen

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, yes I managed to get it working from the armrest one in the end, strange how it has to be that one for CarPlay…

Seems to work fine in any audio only mode, maps etc.. but I was hoping I could run Netflix on it whilst charging the car for example but no joy.. is this a limitation of the i-Pace or CarPlay..?

Thanks All

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think that’s the limit of CarPlay. You’ll see reduced functionality in the various apps such as WhatsApp - a they don’t want you taking your eyes off the road whilst driving (it would be handy if it read out WhatsApp messages, it does fit iMessages)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts