Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. Can any owners who use Apple CarPlay tell me if you still get the next turning indication on the HUD, or does that only work with the Jag navigation software?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
The internal GPS is not that bad when u know how to use it. So I use it instead of android auto or waze. The roads and traffic informations are quite accurate.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn. I suspected that would be the case but was hoping I'd be wrong. I'm sure the Jag software is fine but I love the way CarPlay integrates with all my other things like calendar and so on to automatically populate my destination field. It also gives me foot to door so if I park and get out, the phone automatically switches to walking directions for the last part of the trip. Plus I like using Hey Siri for music selection while driving. Basically I just like the whole integration of CarPlay (plus I suspect the maps update more often than Jag's). I guess I'll just have to do some playing around and see if I prefer the benefits of CarPlay or the convenience of the HUD. Pity you have to choose.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Goshdarnit said:
Damn. I suspected that would be the case but was hoping I'd be wrong. I'm sure the Jag software is fine but I love the way CarPlay integrates with all my other things like calendar and so on to automatically populate my destination field. It also gives me foot to door so if I park and get out, the phone automatically switches to walking directions for the last part of the trip. Plus I like using Hey Siri for music selection while driving. Basically I just like the whole integration of CarPlay (plus I suspect the maps update more often than Jag's). I guess I'll just have to do some playing around and see if I prefer the benefits of CarPlay or the convenience of the HUD. Pity you have to choose.
Me too in preferring CarPlay to Jaguar's offering. My experience of Jaguar sat nav has not been great in crowded areas near London particularly on traffic and diversions to avoid congestion. Some of its route suggestions are just weird.
I'm not convinced on the accuracy or completeness of the charger locations in Jaguar's sat nav either but I'd be interested in other users views, particularly in the UK. So I tend to have a number of potential locations in mind from ZapMap, and primary one programmed in to Google Maps.
Siri is useful, particularly on reading out and replying to texts as you are driving.
Also as I don't have HUD, its not that I'm missing out with CarPlay.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. Sorry but one extra question now springs to mind.

Does it at least display the map in the dashboard display next to the speedometer? Or is it only in the centre screen?

Sorry for all the questions. But I'm trying to figure out exactly how well it will fit in with my needs/expectations.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts