Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My charge flap is open according to the car. Of course it isn't and it locks with the car, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and whether they fixed it themselves or had to resort to a dealership. I thought perhaps it might have been caused by some water ingress, and might sort itself out but no such luck so far. I do rely on granny charging quite a lot so I suppose the flap is open for longer periods in our variable weather than otherwise might be the case.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

My charge flap is open according to the car. Of course it isn't and it locks with the car, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and whether they fixed it themselves or had to resort to a dealership. I thought perhaps it might have been caused by some water ingress, and might sort itself out but no such luck so far. I do rely on granny charging quite a lot so I suppose the flap is open for longer periods in our variable weather than otherwise might be the case.

Thanks
Is it supposed to indicate that it is open? I have never seen this, or is it a MY21 feature? I have a bad habit of leaving it open when I have been charging and need to leave in a hurry. I get very annoyed with myself!

·
Registered
120 Posts
My 2019 never reports as open even when the wife has refused to close it for the fifth time that week. It must be on the newer stuff only...... I wish mine had that feature though! Oh... along with a siren to remind her to lock the car as handles sticking out and the mirrors not folding aren't obvious to her.:ROFLMAO::LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: AndyP

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

Thanks
I had an issue with mine not opening called Jaguar assist who managed to open it and leave it disabled till the dealer could change the switch
just for the record the red cord under the hood does not open the flap it is a release if a charge cable was attached
Thanks

·
Registered
MY21 iPace SE. Portofino blue, oyster interior
1 Posts
I had an issue with mine not opening called Jaguar assist who managed to open it and leave it disabled till the dealer could change the switch
just for the record the red cord under the hood does not open the flap it is a release if a charge cable was attached
Thanks
Same thing just happened to me. Drove to local dealership (not where I bought the car) and they knew what to do as had had the same problem with a demonstrator. Door/flap was "opened" and locking pin assembly removed. New solenoid has been ordered and locking pin will be refitted. Driver info message "Charging flap open" comes up but can be cleared until next start.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I’ve done it a Couple of times no warning on my MY20 - at least not last time, a recent update may have changed it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts