Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Is that a phev on the other plug?

What is the point of plugging one of those in on the motorway?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
ipace MK said:
Tibshelf services northbound M1 only a slow charger as wellF0F4CAE2-9B8E-4041-9135-931D4FEF96F9.jpeg who would prefer charge point at rear or front ?
I most certainly do - with preference for rear. Inside the Lidl parking garage nearby my house there are 2 parking spots for 1 charger unit (1x 43kW AC, 1x 50kW Chademo and 1x 50kW CCS). If the right spot is taken I have to reverse my I-pace and drive over the curb else the CCS cable is too short to reach the charging port. When parked that way the passenger behind the driver can't be opened as the door would hit the charger.

·
Registered
126 Posts
ipace MK said:
Tibshelf services northbound M1 only a slow charger as wellF0F4CAE2-9B8E-4041-9135-931D4FEF96F9.jpeg who would prefer charge point at rear or front ?
So are there extension cables that you could keep in your car in order to avoid such park & charge scenario's?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Raeth said:
ipace MK said:
So are there extension cables that you could keep in your car in order to avoid such park & charge scenario's?
No. Extension cables are not allowed by the specification due to safety risks. Some cables are even water cooled. How would you extend that... Don't underestimate the amount of energy flowing through these cables!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Snoerd said:
Raeth said:
ipace MK said:
No. Extension cables are not allowed by the specification due to safety risks. Some cables are even water cooled. How would you extend that... Don't underestimate the amount of energy flowing through these cables!
That is interesting, as the tesla-adapters at Fastned are a kind of extension cables, although rather short ;)
For 50kWh it should be possible..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you get a decent charging speed? I've tried three different ecotricity stations so far and cannot get the vehicle to charge with any of them - a big problem given their monopoly on the service stations

·
Registered
325 Posts
Bart said:
Snoerd said:
Raeth said:
That is interesting, as the tesla-adapters at Fastned are a kind of extension cables, although rather short ;)
Tesla has Chademo adapters, not CCS adapters as far as I know!

Sjoerd

·
Registered
335 Posts
Snoerd said:
Bart said:
Snoerd said:

Sjoerd
Via Chademo they also supply 50kWh.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Snoerd said:
Bart said:
Snoerd said:

Sjoerd
Not yet - they will be available soon as the new superchargers will be CCS only. New Tesla's will have CCS connections.(like Model 3)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.