Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never having owned an EV before I'm not sure what the etiquette might be of using chargers that are not obviously public.

If I look at at zap-map for UK charging locations for instance I see quite a few chargers, including a small but increasing number of rapid chargers. However, just taking a couple of these at random, I see a couple that are at Bannatyne Health Clubs and others that are at eg non-JLR car dealerships like BMW or, as a further category, some at hotels.

Can I assume that I can just turn up and use these, despite having nothing to do with the organisation in question? Or is the reverse true - ie I should assume that I can't use them (except maybe as a favour in a low-power emergency).

Or to look at it another way: If I look at eg zap-map, how can I work out which chargers I can use and which are out of bounds?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
johnd said:
Never having owned an EV before I'm not sure what the etiquette might be of using chargers that are not obviously public.

If I look at at zap-map for UK charging locations for instance I see quite a few chargers, including a small but increasing number of rapid chargers. However, just taking a couple of these at random, I see a couple that are at Bannatyne Health Clubs and others that are at eg non-JLR car dealerships like BMW or, as a further category, some at hotels.

Can I assume that I can just turn up and use these, despite having nothing to do with the organisation in question? Or is the reverse true - ie I should assume that I can't use them (except maybe as a favour in a low-power emergency).

Or to look at it another way: If I look at eg zap-map, how can I work out which chargers I can use and which are out of bounds?
In case of super fast chargers I would say use them till you are told you are not allowed :lol: :cool: It would be for the owner to clearly put signs if it is member only usage. Certainly if you have to pay for charging I wouldn't hasitate in using them.
For AC chargers I guess this is a less valid question.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts