Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since quite a while, my 2020 I-Pace will not charge on Alpitronics Hypercharger HPCs anymore… Sometimes also on ionity Chargers…
You start charging, communication is set up, green light on the car, charger ramps up… and:
Communication Device Mobile device Gadget Font Portable communications device

nothing…no charging occurs even all is green and running.
Same procedure if you change the charge point… other cars can charge normal.
If you want to drive away from the charger you get error messages like HVac & Hybrid System not availabe…

but the better part comes now… I went to the JLR Dealer and they checked error messages and faults… and took the car directly out of service according to a JLR service bulletin… the car shows an error: High Voltage isolation fault… isolation resistance below minimum…
means the HV System is on the ground system of the car…

Vehicle Speedometer Car Gauge Motor vehicle

Vehicle Car Speedometer Gauge Automotive design

They disassembled all connectors and cables from the HV System already, no signs of error here… Software is up to date…
some days later, same problem again…
Back to the dealer… car out of service again…

it is in the shop now for 20 days in total… and there is no action on it as JLR has no clue what is going on …

somebody here having same symthoms?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I’m sorry to hear that. I’ve had mine since December and put 35.000km on it with no problems. I can charge at these chargers very well.
i hope they sort it out quick. Keep us updated.
which dealer are you with?

·
Registered
121 Posts
The car is at Stopka Bielefeld… they wait for instructions by Jaguar… and wait as there is no response of the technical department JLR…
I am facing a very similar issue almost every time I DC charge (50KW). I suspect a low isolation from ground (or a bad DCDC module) but….how to convince JLR?.
As result, 6 towing services and car around 110 days in the garage in the last 8 months. And still counting as car is broken now.
Hilarious thing is that they state the car is ok !!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
This might be a wild guess, but did they check the 12V Battery? I think the power of the 12V might be used to check the Highvolt system and as 12V Batteries tend to become problematic once it gets colder I would make sure the 12V batteries are in top condition

Nikolaus

·
Registered
121 Posts
This might be a wild guess, but did they check the 12V Battery? I think the power of the 12V might be used to check the Highvolt system and as 12V Batteries tend to become problematic once it gets colder I would make sure the 12V batteries are in top condition

Nikolaus
IMHO the key is this voltage graph.
I put two bluetooth monitors on the 2 lead acid 12V batteries of the ipace.
The voltage drop is so repentine that just a very big load (or a short circuit due the low grounding isolation) can justify It.
In my case this happens when I DC charge the EV.
So I suspect the short can be located in the DC DC module.
But JLR says….my car is ok !!!
Now…they sent my car to another dealer, after my last towing experience.
That’s really incredible !!

Attachments

Reactions: Lobster

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am waiting for the the disassembling of the battery … checking the BECMS Module (which is in the Battery) and the connectors and so on…
The mechanics got a special training to do this first, so it took a while …
I also think its a fauly DC DC component as the BECMS module… in my case, the battery has to be warm to get the HV isolation fault

car is in the shop now for 6 weeks… still waiting … I will terminate Leasing … such a good car but lousy service

·
Registered
121 Posts
I am waiting for the the disassembling of the battery … checking the BECMS Module (which is in the Battery) and the connectors and so on…
The mechanics got a special training to do this first, so it took a while …
I also think its a fauly DC DC component as the BECMS module… in my case, the battery has to be warm to get the HV isolation fault

car is in the shop now for 6 weeks… still waiting … I will terminate Leasing … such a good car but lousy service
Do you have any loss of tension on 12V when HV isolation issue show up?
In my case the first problem sign is the hybrid battery fault (tension under 12V) than the traction battery fault.
I got the idea it was somehow related to a bad 12V powered relais going on short (and so a big load on 12V system).
But it can be a bad grounding on HV circuit.
In both cases the issue is not only hard to find and solve but even high dangerous.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Aha !!
So it can be possible that a bad isolation is causing a very big load on 12V system and flatting the tension.
When this happens the error list starts…
You get the issue when battery is warm and “maybe” I get the same during DC charge because….battery is warm bue the high charging current…
Not simple to reproduce the issue but car is unusable and highly dangerous.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts