Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met some of the i-Pace design team at Goodwood over the weekend.

pieces of information that maybe useful for some.

- The UK dealer demos and showroom cars are all expected in the Uk this week and demos should be available from next week.
- Cars come in via boat landing at Hull and their is a holding facility somewhere near there.
- The time it takes to build the car have it arrive in the UK, delivered to dealer PDI'd ect is 1 month. An area they claim can be improved as there are some unnecessary delays / risk factors built into planning.
- In the UK nearly 40% of all orders have been for first edition cars which was not what Jaguar were expecting and there is shortage of some parts (Matrix headlights was the example given). If you change your order by upgrading an SE to a HSE or FE or adding Matrix headlights as an option your delivery date will be impacted.
- Apparently there is a maximum quota of First editions and in the UK this is nearing completion.
- Apple car play, on all cars already it is disabled due to not yet having the Apple approval, once this is done it is a OTA update to enable. Apple approval expected any day.
- Range. Two of the people have had their own I-Paces for some time. when asking about real world range and their journeys to Goodwood. One driver will manage to do the round trip without recharging and is expecting 240 Miles. The other openly said he drove down very quickly with the Aircon and cooled seats on and is expecting 200 Miles and will need to stop for a quick charge to make it home. There is a number of Jaguar employees having a competition for the best range and it is achievable to get 300 (even more) but driving around slowly in the summer with no Aircon isn't my idea of fun.

The goodwood show provided an opportunity to see the three I-paces on show their and I changed my HSE order configuration adding performance seats, changing the alloy wheel design. these changes didn't affect my delivery date, roll on ends of September :).

I really wanted the First Edition but we could not get past the brown wood inlays, it doesn't suit the car at all and the designers I spoke to agreed and they seemed frustrated as they originally had a carbon design but it was mandated it was something that needed to look backwards in regard to Jaguars heritage.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Interesting news, thanks for the information!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Completely agree on the wood inlays - i think they look terrible. However, i also find the shape of the panels in the doors rather odd - i think the car would look better without them being there at all. Moving towards the i3 interior would be my choice but i am probably in the minority in that

·
Registered
64 Posts
oop north said:
Moving towards the i3 interior would be my choice but i am probably in the minority in that
I am inclined to agree with you.

In the interests of judging what I need from an EV, I've been extended test driving an i3 for a few days this week and I have grown to love the interior with the cloth seats and trim on the doors . . the interior feels fresh and modern in a 'forward looking' way, it's airy and spacious in the cabin with great visibility. I'm also enjoying the typically spirited EV drive, it has no shortage of power off the mark, it literally eats the steep hills of the Yorkshire Dales, bounding up them and regen-ing all the way back down again :D and I'm finding the reduced range it offers (compared to the I-Pace having the larger battery) to not be a problem at all. 80 miles electric with the 'range extender' increasing that to around 150 miles is fine for most of the journeys I'll use it for. The car is lively and responsive, it ticks a lot of practical boxes for me, the rear loadspace is plenty large enough with the rear seats down and they fold flat with no loadspace lip, perfection! Both my labrador and collie happily sit in the hatchback boot area with no problem, even with the rear seats up . . so everyone's happy!

I'm thinking about this EV business very carefully. I love my F-Pace, so it was natural for me to want to go with the I-Pace, but it may have a little unexpected competition on it's hands as far as I'm concerned . . . not least of which is the fact that I could buy two new i3 for less than the price of the I-Pace . . heck, I might even have to admit that I could be finding myself on the wrong forum :lol:

·
Registered
389 Posts
oop north said:
Completely agree on the wood inlays - i think they look terrible. However, i also find the shape of the panels in the doors rather odd - i think the car would look better without them being there at all. Moving towards the i3 interior would be my choice but i am probably in the minority in that
The wood inlay has to go. It looks terrible and will be something I look into changing after delivery. The price of the piano black or carbon may scare me enough not to do it though.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Maybe you can find someone on this forum to swap with? I might be interested because I have an HSE on order with black but it would depend upon how easy it is to swap them and my wife's view when she eventually gets to see a car!

·
Registered
127 Posts
My wife insisted on the wood, I hope it isn't as ugly as you guys think :)

I seriously was interested in the "vegan" fabric-seat options, but I have kids and the thing about leather is, when the kid spills the ice cream cone, you can almost always get the leather clean with no permanent trace.

·
Registered
185 Posts
timbray said:
My wife insisted on the wood, I hope it isn't as ugly as you guys think :)

I seriously was interested in the "vegan" fabric-seat options, but I have kids and the thing about leather is, when the kid spills the ice cream cone, you can almost always get the leather clean with no permanent trace.
The first thing to say is the wood in the I-Pace appears to be very difficult to photograph, it always seems to appear much lighter in photographs than it looks in real life (to me).

I'm glad the designers were made to offer a wood option because I think a British Designed car should always have it as an option ….. I appreciate that the German idea of sporty is the Black EVERYWHERE and yes that suits their design ethos but if you want to go with a light interior (which I think British Designers do so much better than the Germans) then wood for me is a very complimentary option.
I don't think wood has to be seen as the Old fashioned, we've always had it in our Bentleys and Range Rovers & I don't think it looks out of place.
The wood in the I-Pace is quite dark and grey ...... with a distinctive grain & I think is suits the Oyster Interior really well and for me is a modern twist on a traditional Jag interior.
I appreciate I'm in the minority but I like it and choose it on my HSE.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Yes that's what i think to. I chosen light oister for my FE.
Tired from dqrk interior with aluminium or fake carbon style.

But maybe cause i turned 50 this year :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts