Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a brilliant feature the ClearSight interior rear view mirror is on the new Range Rover Evoque!

It would have been wonderful if it had been ready in time for the I-Pace launch. Perhaps MY20 cars will get it?

The ClearSight view through the engine compartment looks pretty cool too.

I think we might just have to get one for my wife when the PHEV comes out a year from now. :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tophe74 said:
The new Evoque is half price of an ipace but has more features ...
You would need to go for an Evoque FE to match the standard spec of an I-Pace S and one of those will set you back just over £50k. Granted you would get one or two toys not included with an S, but nothing too major. It is cheaper than the I-Pace for sure (as it should be), but it's still a pretty expensive car.

I guess this is getting a bit off topic, but I was just interested in ClearSight as a potential future addition for the I-Pace. it looks like it would be a perfect solution for the I-Pace's restricted rear view.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol Thincat!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I bought the I pace primary because it's an EV not because of all it's features. And as always, all new cars after will have same or better features. It's the same for phones, computers, TV ....
But the newer JLR cars are not EV,so they can have all the nice features they want, for me they are far less valuable than the I pace

·
Registered
364 Posts
Spot on Tophe74! I'd much rather full EV than a Diesel and a clever rearview.....mere thought of internal combustion seems archaic to me now (I appreciate there are still range needs for some hit otherwise....nah)

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
alex_haddock said:
Spot on Tophe74! I'd much rather full EV than a Diesel and a clever rearview.....mere thought of internal combustion seems archaic to me now (I appreciate there are still range needs for some hit otherwise....nah)
It has to be said that there is a lot of mid-information and poor understanding out there concerning the emissions that are put out by Diesel Engines in modern cars. NOx levels are approaching zero now in a lot of car Diesel engines, and CO2 has been very low in Diesels for a while now. Engine emissions design has resulted in some diesel cars being a lot cleaner than their petrol equivalent.

The BBC following Governement lines puts out this...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/science-environment-42666596

Then the industry produces this...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fleetnews.co.uk/amp/news/environment/2018/06/22/new-diesels-found-to-be-71-cleaner-than-petrol-models

They still have a long way to go to match the ZERO tailpipe emissions of an Electric powered vehicle, but getting toward the emissions not being a problem that would cause issues.

Oh, clearview mirror is a great feature of the XE and will more than likely be in a future release of the I-Pace. It does look like they have lifted a lot of the tech from the I-Pace and will be putting it into all their cars.

I just priced up a fully optioned Petrol version of the new XE (including Clearview Mirror)...

£53,000.00

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
The now emission on new cars are low only when the engine is hot. Not helping much on short distances.
When I walk in the street even new diesels are stinking.
I understand ppl persuading themselves that diesel is not bad now.. No, the particules are just smaller and even worst for health. Same with modern essence cars. And brakes dust are very bad to and their are lot less on EV with regenerating brakes.
EV are not perfect for pollution because of the batterys factoring but at least they don't pollute towns.
But they still expensive.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Tophe74 said:
The now emission on new cars are low only when the engine is hot. Not helping much on short distances.
When I walk in the street even new diesels are stinking.
I understand ppl persuading themselves that diesel is not bad now.. No, the particules are just smaller and even worst for health. Same with modern essence cars. And brakes dust are very bad to and their are lot less on EV with regenerating brakes.
EV are not perfect for pollution because of the batterys factoring but at least they don't pollute towns.
But they still expensive.
Actually, it is not the engine that has to warm up, it is the catalyst. This is achieved very quickly in modern cars by burning some extra fuel in the exhaust and rapidly heating the catalyst.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
neverhood said:
I'm not so sure it's all about zero emission - it's more about heading toward use of renewable energy sources, this is possible with electricity, not so much with oil, unless you're viewing renewable over period of a few dozen million years.
Yeah, it's good to think long-term ... ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts