Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any tips for how to set the heating so the footwell is warmed better? i do long journeys in ECO (for range) with climate set on auto, driver only, and just the legs highlighted in the climate picture.. which helps a little but still missing the warm glow from the engine in my last car! Am I missing a trick, or do I need thicker socks?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Cineman said:
any tips for how to set the heating so the footwell is warmed better? i do long journeys in ECO (for range) with climate set on auto, driver only, and just the legs highlighted in the climate picture.. which helps a little but still missing the warm glow from the engine in my last car! Am I missing a trick, or do I need thicker socks?
Who knew - thicker socks for more range :lol:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Cineman said:
Forget ECO. It doesn't give any advantage that you can't get yourself with a little bit of experience. ON the other ende if you use it you loose the baility to fully control climate for example.
At least IMHO ...

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm sure there is a setting to allow some cold air in, its when you press the airflow lines, they go darker.

I found this because I could feel cold air coming in, and its already cold enough outside.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I also avoid auto, just set the fan low, and use the temperature setting to get comfortable.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't get that about the air flow lines.. just the upper and lower body which changes colour.. so do the airflow lines "on" (darker?) result in air from outside that is not heated.. that could account for the frostbite when it was -2c for my 200 mile journey two days ago!.. I'll go and sit in the car (again!) and figure it out.. my wife is getting worried about me spending so much time in a car pressing buttons.. of course the thicker socks is still an option but will the extra weight negate the range advantage.. what do you think Jelle..?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think that sitting in the car and pressing buttons in this weather (from experience) , your weight loss from involuntary shivering will more than compensate for the socks! 😊

·
Registered
207 Posts
ok, just been for a drive, the lines indicate airflow, so in manual, deselect both airflow lines. You then get a nice warm spread, without a draft. If you select feet airflow, you get a draft which seems to contain a % of cold air to me.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ha.. so makes sense that the picture makes no sense! naively i assumed it is about where you send the heat.. not the cold.. but maybe not ..! thanks for the tip : I'll do some barefoot driving for a definitive test..

·
Registered
150 Posts
Wow, so gracious to sign up for the forum to give this tip.
Haters will say it an ad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts