Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I've fixed my Siri Shortcuts again. You can once again control your I-Pace with voice commands via Siri Shortcuts. The video link is down below. The video explains the setup process (can be skipped if you've done it before) and the links you need are in the video description.

Just be aware that if you have never used Siri Shortcuts, you have to create one of your own before it will let you run any that you have downloaded (some kind of weird security feature). To do this, open the Shortcuts app, and tap on the "+" to create a new one. Then select any of the suggested options (such as to call one of your contacts). Add that one action and then tap "done". Then run the shortcut either by voice command (using the name of the shortcut) or tap on its large rectangular icon in shortcuts. After this, your shortcut should run (you can hang up instantly). Then these downloaded ones should work.

I will add a post to this thread whenever the shortcuts are amended or new ones added. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Thank you ADD...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the time putting these together. There appears to be some erroneous data included in one of the downloads - you might want to check. Am a Ducati rather than GXER rider myself. Steve

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SteveS said:
Thanks for the time putting these together. There appears to be some erroneous data included in one of the downloads - you might want to check. Am a Ducati rather than GXER rider myself. Steve
Oops!!! Thank you for pointing this out. Found and fixed. Was it only that one shortcut?

·
Registered
206 Posts
great job. In exact tyre pressure PSI, I don't get text on the screen, but a scroll through the commands of the shortcut. It does speak the correct values?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Abu Dhabi Dude said:
SteveS said:
Oops!!! Thank you for pointing this out. Found and fixed. Was it only that one shortcut?
I just downloaded all of them correctly and they're installed :) I don't have my I-PACE yet (expected delivery mid October - it's the MY21)... but I wanted to make sure I downloaded the shortcuts now in case for some reason they got deleted yesterday.

Very impressive and they seem to be very well programmed! I would not have spent the time it would have taken me to code these in so thanks for sharing them!

Curious about how to get the "stop at 80%" shortcuts you show in the video but which are not downloadable... Do they work? I've heard there's no way to tell the I-PACE to stop charging at X% so not sure how those would work.

Thanks a lot! I find your videos incredibly useful and very practical. I've just driven an I-PACE MY19 this weekend for the first time (HSE) and absolutely loved it. Can't wait to have my own in a couple of months!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jasonwaler said:
I just downloaded all of them correctly and they're installed :) I don't have my I-PACE yet (expected delivery mid October - it's the MY21)... but I wanted to make sure I downloaded the shortcuts now in case for some reason they got deleted yesterday.

Very impressive and they seem to be very well programmed! I would not have spent the time it would have taken me to code these in so thanks for sharing them!

Curious about how to get the "stop at 80%" shortcuts you show in the video but which are not downloadable... Do they work? I've heard there's no way to tell the I-PACE to stop charging at X% so not sure how those would work.

Thanks a lot! I find your videos incredibly useful and very practical. I've just driven an I-PACE MY19 this weekend for the first time (HSE) and absolutely loved it. Can't wait to have my own in a couple of months!
Hi. Glad you liked them and hopefully you won't have any issues with them when you get your car.

The stop at 80% ones aren't downloadable because they don't work! Jaguar included a couple of commands in the API which stop charging at whatever percentage you choose. One does it for next charge only and one does it for ever charge until you change it. So I built those shortcuts with those API commands. However, with a last minute change of heart, Jag decided not to implement those, so although they are part of the API, the car just ignores them. I've kept them for now, in case Jag changes their mind in future and allows the car to make use of them. There no point in making them available though as they do nothing! If they ever start working, I'll add links for them.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
endoman said:
great job. In exact tyre pressure PSI, I don't get text on the screen, but a scroll through the commands of the shortcut. It does speak the correct values?
Ok not sure exactly what you mean here. How did you launch the shortcut? With "hey Siri", pressing the Siri button and then saying the command, pressing the icon in shortcuts (the coloured rectangle) or by going into the shortcut (tapping the three dots) and then pressing the "play" button within it?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Abu Dhabi Dude said:
endoman said:
Ok not sure exactly what you mean here. How did you launch the shortcut? With "hey Siri", pressing the Siri button and then saying the command, pressing the icon in shortcuts (the coloured rectangle) or by going into the shortcut (tapping the three dots) and then pressing the "play" button within it?
Both those give the same result. Instead of text within Siri it scrolls through the force health check shortcut commands really quickly, then the voice comes on and tells you the pressures. It's the only one of the shortcuts that does this for me. All others perfect.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
endoman said:
Abu Dhabi Dude said:
endoman said:
Both those give the same result. Instead of text within Siri it scrolls through the force health check shortcut commands really quickly, then the voice comes on and tells you the pressures. It's the only one of the shortcuts that does this for me. All others perfect.
That's really odd. What version of iOS are you running? Also, check the App Store to see if there is an update to Shortcuts. An old version used to have a toggle switch to run shortcuts in the way you describe but that switch has been removed. You can also check that by tapping the three dots at the top right of the shortcut icon. This takes you into the edit page (same page you put your password etc into). Then tap the three dots at the top right again (same one you tapped to edit the name). See if this has a switch that says something like "show shortcut when running". If it does, try switching it on or off (whatever one it's not currently on!) and see if that does it. But if you are on the latest iOS and Shortcuts App option it shouldn't even be possible to run a shortcut like that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Salve. Io da alcune settimane non riesco più ad utilizzare i comandi di Siri per far funzionare la mia Jaguar. Avvio il comando, Siri mi conferma che è stato eseguito, ma non succede nulla.
Ho difficoltà a seguire i vostri commenti in quanto non parlo inglese.
È cambiato qualcosa? Hai delle scorciatoie funzionanti da condividere?
Grazie.

For some of them I can no longer use Siri commands to turn on my Jaguar. I start the command, Siri confirms that it has been executed, but nothing happens.
I have a hard time following your comments as I don't speak English.
Has something changed? Do you have any working shortcuts to share?
Thank you

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
doctorj said:
Salve. Io da alcune settimane non riesco più ad utilizzare i comandi di Siri per far funzionare la mia Jaguar. Avvio il comando, Siri mi conferma che è stato eseguito, ma non succede nulla.
Ho difficoltà a seguire i vostri commenti in quanto non parlo inglese.
È cambiato qualcosa? Hai delle scorciatoie funzionanti da condividere?
Grazie.

For some of them I can no longer use Siri commands to turn on my Jaguar. I start the command, Siri confirms that it has been executed, but nothing happens.
I have a hard time following your comments as I don't speak English.
Has something changed? Do you have any working shortcuts to share?
Thank you
The video at the top of this thread has the latest Shortcuts. They were done literally 3 days ago and should work on any iOS device.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Salve. Ho installato le scorciatoie.
Blocco e sblocco portiere tutto ok.

Io ho una Jaguar XF SPORTBREAK ed ho sempre utilizzato le scorciatoie, compresa quella che accendeva l'auto (le stesse scorciatoie per iPace).

Con le nuove non riesco più a farlo. Non riesco però ad avviare il climatizzatore.

Riesce ad aiutarmi per favore?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Abu Dhabi Dude said:
SteveS said:
Sorry - I missed this. Yes it was just the one. Thanks again. Steve

·
Registered
35 Posts
These are great. Is it possible to use a shortcut to check if the car is locked?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts