Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Amazing! Thanks.

I'd be really interested to know how the back end works, I've had a look at the code of the shortcuts but have only managed to get so far. Do you have any info you could share on the info that's extractable from the web service?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
&roid said:
Amazing! Thanks.

I'd be really interested to know how the back end works, I've had a look at the code of the shortcuts but have only managed to get so far. Do you have any info you could share on the info that's extractable from the web service?
Ardevd did all the hard work of working out the API. I just translated that into Siri Shortcuts. His work is here:- https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/6250319/RznBMzqo?version=latest#1b143944-d4f6-4c32-8a7e-464488bf88ad

You can use that link to see everything the API is capable of, and how to use it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have downloaded these and got them set up and running, really cool, thank you for posting them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am on iOS 14.2 and have had limited success.

Checking tyre pressures, Aircon and Locking the car all work.

Range check gives "Conversion Error Get Dictionary Value failed because Shortcuts couldn't convert from Text to Dictionary."

Unlock reports completing but doesn't unlock the car.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Daon7800 said:

Range check gives "Conversion Error Get Dictionary Value failed because Shortcuts couldn't convert from Text to Dictionary."

I've just updated to iOS 14.2 and tried them out. They're working fine on mine (iPhone 11 Pro). The only thing I can suggest is deleting the offending shortcuts and downloading them again. In the past, I've had iOS updates (beta ones) create a similar issue with existing shortcuts. On looking, some of the links and references get messed up. Not sure why. But the shortcuts are definitely 14.2 compatible. Re-downloading is all I can think of.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a puerile sense of humour so it's been great fun editing Siri's responses to these commands (my Siri is female and quite lewd when I ask her to warm up or...open.)

Thanks Abu Dhabi Dude (and Ardevd) for these.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Abu Dhabi Dude said:
Daon7800 said:

I've just updated to iOS 14.2 and tried them out. They're working fine on mine (iPhone 11 Pro). The only thing I can suggest is deleting the offending shortcuts and downloading them again. In the past, I've had iOS updates (beta ones) create a similar issue with existing shortcuts. On looking, some of the links and references get messed up. Not sure why. But the shortcuts are definitely 14.2 compatible. Re-downloading is all I can think of.
Tried deleting and re-creating and they now seem to work.

Except bizarrely, the lock and unlock respond in a male voice when Siri is set to British Female across all devices. :)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Daon7800 said:

Except bizarrely, the lock and unlock respond in a male voice when Siri is set to British Female across all devices. :)
Glad you got them working. Yes, the changing voice is a glitch that I've seen in Shortcuts for as long as it has existed. You can change it by expanding the "speak text" box and changing the voice but it's not consistent. However, that is only a problem if you activate it with the buttons. If you use voice commands it should use whatever voice you have set for siri in your settings app.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
EV i fi said:
I have a puerile sense of humour so it's been great fun editing Siri's responses to these commands (my Siri is female and quite lewd when I ask her to warm up or...open.)

Thanks Abu Dhabi Dude (and Ardevd) for these.
:lol: Glad you're having fun with them!

I open my garage door with "open the pod bay doors HAL" and Siri responds with "I'm sorry Dave I'm afraid I can't do that. Ha ha only kidding. The garage door is opening." Irritates my wife but makes me smile.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Abu Dhabi Dude said:
Daon7800 said:

Glad you got them working. Yes, the changing voice is a glitch that I've seen in Shortcuts for as long as it has existed. You can change it by expanding the "speak text" box and changing the voice but it's not consistent. However, that is only a problem if you activate it with the buttons. If you use voice commands it should use whatever voice you have set for siri in your settings app.
Thanks for these and the suggestions to get them working.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hmm, trying these out on an Apple Watch. A few issues, this is on iOS 15. Seems they need to be run once on each device and click all the Allow popups??

Unlocking says it has unlocked but nothing happens! Both from Siri on the watch and running the shortcut manually on the phone.

What is the Jags range works by tapping on the phone and using Siri on the phone. On the watch I get "sorry something went wrong. Shortcuts says "Couldn't Run Get Contents of URL". The action couldn't run because the runner quit unexpectedly.

Manually ran it on the watch by tapping the shortcut which then gets past that error but now get Conversion Error. Get Dictionary Value failed because Shortcuts couldn't convert from Text to Dictionary.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Hmm, trying these out on an Apple Watch. A few issues, this is on iOS 15. Seems they need to be run once on each device and click all the Allow popups??

Unlocking says it has unlocked but nothing happens! Both from Siri on the watch and running the shortcut manually on the phone.

What is the Jags range works by tapping on the phone and using Siri on the phone. On the watch I get "sorry something went wrong. Shortcuts says "Couldn't Run Get Contents of URL". The action couldn't run because the runner quit unexpectedly.

Manually ran it on the watch by tapping the shortcut which then gets past that error but now get Conversion Error. Get Dictionary Value failed because Shortcuts couldn't convert from Text to Dictionary.
Hi. I just double checked and you are right. iOS 15 seems to have needed something in the shortcuts for Apple Watch. I’m hoping there will be an update that will fix this, but for the moment it seems that the shortcuts can only be run from Siri on your phone. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Brilliant. Will these shortcuts work on any jaguar car. Will they need a modification to work.
They should work on most app-enabled Jaguar cars but only some will give you any functionality. Lock/unlock and tyre pressures should work, but most of the rest are meaningless for a non-EV.

·
Registered
3 Posts
They should work on most app-enabled Jaguar cars but only some will give you any functionality. Lock/unlock and tyre pressures should work, but most of the rest are meaningless for a non-EV.
Thanks. Lock/unlock/tyre pressures and location all work well. But can’t start engine to run climate. Don’t know correct commands for my partners xe. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts