Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I've managed to create a few Siri Shortcuts to control your Jag with Siri voice commands. I'll be adding more as I create them. In order to use them you'll need to have an iPhone, and also download and install Apple's Shortcuts app. You'll also need to generate a UUID 4 token. I did this using https://www.uuidgenerator.net but there are others that do the same job. Make sure you create a version 4 code. You only need to create one code and can then reuse the same one for all shortcuts.

Then you need to go into the shortcut and scroll through the first few items and put your login and vehicle details where it tells you to (make sure you delete the text instructions and just have the required text in that box).

Links removed.

*NB These Shortcuts should now work on all versions of the in-car software.

The two tyre ones above are slightly different. The first one simply tells you "all tyres are within nonral parameters" if there are no warnings, and only gives you the pressure of any tyre that is not within "normal" range. The second one gives an exact pressure for all 4 tyres, along with an indication of low/high/normal for each one.

If you want to launch these using Siri voice commands you'll have to click on the little "sliders" icon at the top right of the shortcut and then click on "add to siri" and record whatever command you want to use to launch it.

Hopefully it's all self explanatory but if you have any problems, feel free to PM me.

Finally, huge thanks to ardevd for all his efforts to reverse engineer the API and without whom I'd never have been able to create these shortcuts. Also, thanks got to EVdilla for all the help with debugging and troubleshooting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Now, can you come up with a way to allow you to use the voice command button in the car to summon Siri without having the phone plugged in?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sgtpeper said:
Now, can you come up with a way to allow you to use the voice command button in the car to summon Siri without having the phone plugged in?!
These aren't really any use when you're in the car. They're designed for use when you are away from the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Goshdarnit said:
Hi all. I've managed to create a few Siri Shortcuts to control your Jag with Siri voice commands. I'll be adding more as I create them. In order to use them you'll need to have an iPhone, and also download and install Apple's Shortcuts app. You'll also need to generate a UUID 4 token. I did this using https://www.uuidgenerator.net but there are others that do the same job. Make sure you create a version 4 code. You only need to create one code and can then reuse the same one for all shortcuts.

Then you need to go into the shortcut and scroll through the first few items and put your login and vehicle details where it tells you to (make sure you delete the text instructions and just have the required text in that box).

unlock your car
lock your car
check your cars SOC and range
switch on the cabin preconditioning

If you want to launch these using Siri voice commands you'll have to click on the little "sliders" icon at the top right of the shortcut and then click on "add to siri" and record whatever command you want to use to launch it.

Hopefully it's all self explanatory but if you have any problems, feels free to PM me.

Finally, huge thanks to ardevd for all his efforts to reverse engineer the API and without whom I'd never have been able to create these shortcuts.
Great! Thanks! I'm refactoring it at the moment so it will be easy to maintain and update. Will post it here soon. The new version will easy to use different values, like using the KM range instead of Miles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry. I meant to post the link to the KM one as well. I've added it to the list above. If anyone wants anything in particular, let me know and I'll try and do it. I'm going to add a few and update this post as I do them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
532 Posts
Hi, great information and thanks for sharing. I can get the aircon and range shortcuts to work, but not the lock and unlock. Might that be due to Jaguar software updates?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's odd. Unlock and lock work fine with mine although not if the key is inside the car. And the range check gives me the same figures as the InControl app. Updated to S19A yesterday and it still works the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've updated the two range check shortcuts to work with S19A. The new software has altered some of its indexing so the old shortcut was giving "Unknown" as the current SOC. If you need to use it with version S18 then please PM me and I'll send you a link to an old version.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Goshdarnit said:
I've updated the two range check shortcuts to work with S19A. The new software has altered some of its indexing so the old shortcut was giving "Unknown" as the current SOC. If you need to use it with version S18 then please PM me and I'll send you a link to an old version.
Sorry for the delay, did not have time for sharing a new version. Here you can find the refactored version for the range check. It's now possible just to define a variable based on the key name. So changing the index won't affect the command.
Maybe you can use this in future updates and for other commands also

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/892e74b35e2747c2a156133a8d5233fb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
Captain.Plummet said:
Interestingly the range check reports the actual battery charge rather than the I-Pace display. At 100% display charge the shortcut reports 82.5%.
Interesting. I wonder if it's actually reporting kWh, or is the upper buffer really large? Either one could be true.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
McRat said:
Captain.Plummet said:
Interestingly the range check reports the actual battery charge rather than the I-Pace display. At 100% display charge the shortcut reports 82.5%.
Interesting. I wonder if it's actually reporting kWh, or is the upper buffer really large? Either one could be true.
I think that was a glitch with CP's car. Mine reports exactly the same figure as the in car display and the InControl app.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
779 Posts
Thanx pal, I will try and use them all daily.
Love it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
779 Posts
None of the shortcuts seem to work.
The range in kilometer gives an error, but not the others.
Is it language specific?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok that's odd. Have you correctly filled out all the fields in the shortcuts with your InControl login and vehicle details? Did you generate a UUID version 4 code?

What version of software is your car using? S19A or S18C?

Also, what is the error message?

Edit: I did find a bug in the KM version of the range check which meant it returns a range of -1km (no error message though). I've updated the link in the first post to a revised version which reports correctly. If it isn't working, I suspect there is an error either in your login data or the VIN, or you have not correctly generated a UUID version 4 code. Please download the new shortcut, double check you have entered all the above fields correctly, and message me (or post here) if you need help. It definitely works for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've altered the cabin preconditioning shortcut now to add a variable where you can set your desired cabin temperature. I'm unsure as to whether this target number works or not. It should, but the InControl app does not show a changed number. I'd appreciate it if someone could test this out with their vehicle and let me know if they have any success. The shortcut will still run fine, I am just not sure if it using the temperature input in the shortcut or if it is using the temperature shown in the app.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
odogan said:
Goshdarnit said:
I've updated the two range check shortcuts to work with S19A. The new software has altered some of its indexing so the old shortcut was giving "Unknown" as the current SOC. If you need to use it with version S18 then please PM me and I'll send you a link to an old version.
Sorry for the delay, did not have time for sharing a new version. Here you can find the refactored version for the range check. It's now possible just to define a variable based on the key name. So changing the index won't affect the command.
Maybe you can use this in future updates and for other commands also

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/892e74b35e2747c2a156133a8d5233fb
Thanks for that! Yes this definitely works better. Totally avoids the need to rewrite for different versions. When I first wrote it, I didn't realise that the index would change with software updates (as I'd never had an update at that point). I went with my original method because the shortcut runs quicker. However, as the index is different for different software versions, the only way to ensure it runs on all versions is to generate keys for the whole index. I'll incorporate this soon and refresh the links in the first post. Thanks again!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
779 Posts
Goshdarnit said:
Ok that's odd. Have you correctly filled out all the fields in the shortcuts with your InControl login and vehicle details? Did you generate a UUID version 4 code?

What version of software is your car using? S19A or S18C?

Also, what is the error message?

Edit: I did find a bug in the KM version of the range check which meant it returns a range of -1km (no error message though). I've updated the link in the first post to a revised version which reports correctly. If it isn't working, I suspect there is an error either in your login data or the VIN, or you have not correctly generated a UUID version 4 code. Please download the new shortcut, double check you have entered all the above fields correctly, and message me (or post here) if you need help. It definitely works for me.
To my knowledge I have entered all the needed inputs. When it comes to the UUID version 4 code,, I used the generator link you provided.
The error on range has prolly with my S18C version.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ELray said:
Goshdarnit said:
Ok that's odd. Have you correctly filled out all the fields in the shortcuts with your InControl login and vehicle details? Did you generate a UUID version 4 code?

What version of software is your car using? S19A or S18C?

Also, what is the error message?

Edit: I did find a bug in the KM version of the range check which meant it returns a range of -1km (no error message though). I've updated the link in the first post to a revised version which reports correctly. If it isn't working, I suspect there is an error either in your login data or the VIN, or you have not correctly generated a UUID version 4 code. Please download the new shortcut, double check you have entered all the above fields correctly, and message me (or post here) if you need help. It definitely works for me.
To my knowledge I have entered all the needed inputs. When it comes to the UUID version 4 code,, I used the generator link you provided.
The error on range has prolly with my S18C version.
I can't see that image for some reason. What was the exact error message you received?
 
1 - 20 of 136 Posts
Top