Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
81 - 100 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
ELray said:
Please report the bugs in the feedback app. All bugs I reported got fixed on the next beta.
I have now jet not found any bugs.
Already done! &#x1f44d-1f3fb;

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
And they've fixed both already! Scheduling works (but it's just a notification that you have to tap on to run the shortcut) and reminders correctly set with alerts now. Nice!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Brilliant! Voice computing for the best driving EV. Great to see you and Ardevd collaborating. The WattCatt app already moves well beyond Jaguar remote. For Jaguar to compete in the EV market it has to encourage wide scale public software development. For the 2 or 3 doing this on the I-pace there must be hundreds playing with Tesla software. We need enthusiasts with real expertise and you deserve encouragement.

How easy would it be to get Google Assist to provide the same series of voice commands? Is anyone doing this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
koolboxerz said:
Hi , This is really helpful. can you let us know how we can do it on jaguar F-pace , I tried with the pre heating short cut but it says you don't have valid subscription , but I do have and use remote control with jaguar app.
A bit of Googling and guess work has let me create a couple of shortcuts that will start and stop an XF, so I'll assume they'll work with an F-Pace.

When I get a little more time I'll figure out how to pass in the temperature value. At the moment it starts at whatever temperature was last set with the app.

Start the car
Stop the car

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
bensales said:
koolboxerz said:
Hi , This is really helpful. can you let us know how we can do it on jaguar F-pace , I tried with the pre heating short cut but it says you don't have valid subscription , but I do have and use remote control with jaguar app.
A bit of Googling and guess work has let me create a couple of shortcuts that will start and stop an XF, so I'll assume they'll work with an F-Pace.

When I get a little more time I'll figure out how to pass in the temperature value. At the moment it starts at whatever temperature was last set with the app.

Start the car
Stop the car
Hi guys. Could I ask you to start a new thread for this in the off topic section of the forum. I'd like to keep this thread specifically for my shortcuts to avoid it getting too confusing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just a quick note to Goshdarnit and bensales to say thank you for your stellar work on the siri shortcuts . I got all of the start/stop; lock/unlock and tyre pressure siri commands to work on my XE (2016) last night. Just the cabin temperature control to add in and we're good to go. Has another thread been started on that as mentioned above?

One small issue I'm having is that the siri commands will only respond on my iPhone, but not on my Apple Watch - so my James Bond impression is a damp squib at the moment :? ! Apply Support forums say that the shortcut commands should work across all devices, so I may be missing something in my set up. I might go through the pain of unpairing and re-pairing my watch to ensure they are on the same iCloud account. Any guidance will be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
If you want to discuss it, just start a thread. Anyone can start a thread. Just go to the forum and click "New Topic". Then choose a title appropriate to what you want to discuss. I would suggest the "Off Topic" forum as you're discussing non-IPace subjects with this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Goshdarnit - new to this, so finding my feet here.

By the way, Siri now working on my Apple Watch.. unpaired it from iPhone and re-paired with the watch has kickstarted it into responding to shortcut-related commands. The In-Control app needs to be running on the watch for Siri to run the command on it.

·
Registered
779 Posts
heysiriwheresmycar said:
Thanks Goshdarnit - new to this, so finding my feet here.

By the way, Siri now working on my Apple Watch.. unpaired it from iPhone and re-paired with the watch has kickstarted it into responding to shortcut-related commands. The In-Control app needs to be running on the watch for Siri to run the command on it.
It is strange that you need the in-control app running, since those shortcuts don't rely on the in-control app...
or am I wrong?

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
No, you're right. The shortcuts are completely independent of InControl. It should have zero impact whether it's running or not. I'm confused by that behaviour.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Trying the shortcut to check range. I think I have successfully added my username, password, UUID version 4 token and vehicle VIN correctly (and in the variable box, not text box). However when I run the shortcut I get "The battery is percent charged giving a range of miles", i.e. it doesn't seem to be accessing my account, it's just stating the text of the shortcut.

Have I missed something?

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
wmd_IP said:
Trying the shortcut to check range. I think I have successfully added my username, password, UUID version 4 token and vehicle VIN correctly (and in the variable box, not text box). However when I run the shortcut I get "The battery is percent charged giving a range of miles", i.e. it doesn't seem to be accessing my account, it's just stating the text of the shortcut.

Have I missed something?
You need to put your data in the text box, not the variable box.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have I missed something?
[/quote]

You need to put your data in the text box, not the variable box.
[/quote]

As per attached image?

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
I'd suggest deleting and re-downloading them and then input all your data again. You maybe altered something before when you put details into the wrong boxes?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Goshdarnit said:
I'd suggest deleting and re-downloading them and then input all your data again. You maybe altered something before when you put details into the wrong boxes?
Tried that too (more than once), no luck. I'll keep trying.

·
Registered
779 Posts
@ Goshdarnit could you consider making a iOS shortcut to calculate charging speed? Most fast chargers don't show what speed they are charging at. It would have been nice to have a shortcut to show what speed we get on our fast charging. 🤪

81 - 100 of 136 Posts