Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner

Coolant level depleting

6K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  CRC@Jaguar 
#1 ·
Hi, We purchased an I pace in March this year. First registered in April 2019 with 7000 miles on the clock. After 6 days on our first outing we got a low coolant warning light, and on sending it back to the dealer the coolant was reported down, a pressure test showed no leaks. It was topped up and returned.
One month and 1000 miles later and our second long trip in the car, the low coolant warning light came on again. Jaguar assist came out and said the coolant level was low and a pressure test again showed no leaks. His comment was that the coolant must be going somewhere, possible internally either motors or battery. But couldn't guarantee it.
Returned to dealer, Expansion tank exchanged re the potential problem with the moulding of the tank. Even though this is only relevant with a warning light and no coolant loss. Topped up and returned. Jaguar are saying that as far as they are concerned the car is fixed, even though they will not comment on where the coolant has gone.
Has any body had a similar experience, and should one be concerned about the possibility of coolant leaking into either the motors or the battery. Or is it even possible.

#2 ·
Good morning Polyurethane,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn of you concerns. Should you wish for further investigation to take place, please send me a PM with your VIN, contact details and the name of the retailer you have visited, and I would be happy to help.

Thanks, Dan - Jaguar UK

#3 ·
Hi Dan Thank you for getting in contact.
We have already been in contact with CRC Jaguar and so far are not getting very far. There has even been a case no raised 8000894688 and we have been in contact with a Mr Bickerton- White.
We have been trying to obtain information on the car prior to us taking possession, mainly weather this low coolant warning light has been on before and therefore loss of coolant and if so how many times. Another concern is that the Jaguar Assist technician who attended at our house, spoke of the coolant being low in the expansion tank for the motors. In the report from FJB in Bolton on the work carried out in exchanging the expansion tank, they referred to exchanging the expansion tank for the battery.
I feel very much that this particular problem with the vehicle does not fit neatly into an easy fix category and as such, the can is being repeatedly kicked down the road.
If you were to move things forward on this situation I would be extremely grateful.

#4 ·
I picked my i-pace up Tuesday from main dealer with 3500 miles on clock friday evening Red Triangle with coolant warning came on less than 250 miles driven was going away over bank holiday cancelled as manual says critical dealer closed
Any Ideas appreciated not happy customer was a Lexus user until this purchase

Mark

#7 ·
Hi, came across this thread as we picked up a MY19 model with 1700 miles on the clock 3 weeks ago. Since then I've had the issue come up twice, and Jaguar Assist out twice.
First time they topped up the coolants in both tanks.
We then took it back to Jaguar in Tonbridge for a check over. they pressure tested it with no faults detected.
I drove two miles to the local charge point, and withing a minute of driving away the red triangle appeared again.
J.A. came back out, vehicle is back at the dealership for more investigation. We've driven 300 mile's in thei i-PACE, so now it has 2000 miles on the clock.
What in earth could be wrong and should we expect this to happen again?!

#8 ·
Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your post and your patience in waiting for a response.

For me to investigate your concerns further, please may I request that you send me a PM with the following information:

Your Vehicle Identification Number
Your personal contact details
Your post code

Many Thanks,

Dan - Jaguar UK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.