Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past few days, I have noticed a damp, musty, smell in the car. On inspection today, I have found that the carpets in both front footwells are damp. Has anyone else experienced this problem? The car is only 2 1/2 years old, but now smells like a 1960's Jag!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you - I have done so. Amazingly, they can see me straight away!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It may need a new windscreen. They will try and fix the seal around it first and hope that this works. However, the windscreen person is not available until Monday; and if it needs a new windscreen, the earliest that it will be available is 4 July. Not brilliant, to be honest!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Must be a JLR thing, my wife's Evoque had a similar sounding problem. Apparently it is a common fault on the Evoque and it's the bonding, as opposed to the seals. Wouldn't surprise me if your issue is indeed the same. Our Evoque needed a new windscreen as opposed to simply replacing the bond, a real pain, I expect yours will be under warranty though...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes - thank goodness. The car is only 2 1/2 years' old, and my wife is wondering why I want to change the car later this year???????

·
Registered
4 Posts
HML - did you try changing out the cabin filter ... I found that every 4 to 6 months it needs to be replaced ... hope that helps ... did for me ... Tony C.

·
Registered
141 Posts
HML - did you try changing out the cabin filter ... I found that every 4 to 6 months it needs to be replaced ... hope that helps ... did for me ... Tony C.
Not yet but will look at some YouTube videos as you suggested on the other post. Thanks so much for the constructive feedback back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts