Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WhIch is the best dash cam to use on the ipace? I have a nextbase in my current car but it spends most of its time having issues with hd card and not pairing.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I'm using a Garmin mini2 and I can't complain. Almost invisible by the way.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I am using an Garmin 66W I got from Amazon.

Small size, 180 degree FOV and 1440p. I have mine plugged in to the 12v socket with the wire going inder the passenger seat and along the door sill and roof trim. It sits perfectly behind the left side of the rear view mirror mount.

It did take a while for it to get a GPS signal before finally rembmering my setup settings.

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
I have a Blackvue, the only issue is that, despite various repositioning attempts, it does not get a GPS signal.

·
Registered
304 Posts
For what it's worth, my Garmin 66W would keep forgetting region settings every time it powered on because it would not pick up a GPS signal. Obviously due to the heated windscreen in the I-Pace. I finally found some advice to connect it to an external power source and leave it outside for 45 minutes to pick up a good GPS signal.

Once that was done, it has been sitting right behind the rear view mirror with no issues since. Well other than never picking up a GPS signal, but that is not something I find useful as I only want it to record footage.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Gps signal inside the car is very poor unless the dashcam (or the phone) is very close to the black dotted area on the top of the windshield or to the far front of the driver door glass.

I installed a GPS signal repeater inside the ceiling (the front courtesy light / sunglasses pocket). Took the signal from the trunk where I placed the receiver and the power from the courtesy light wiring connected to a 12V - 5V USB DC/DC converter that powers the dash cam too.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
BlackVue 9000 front and rear camera for me. I’ve had mine installed from when I bought the car and it was done by Halford for an extra £50 for the installation. I have it powered on all the times (as the cables were run to the fuse box sitting under the rear seats), including when I am parked, and I have manage to save myself 2 out of pockets costs as I’ve captured who has caused damaged to the car and managed to make them pay for that due to the footage I had to hand.
Excellent kit in my view and this is now the 3rd car I have installed a BlackVue camera system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts