Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I ordered my Porsche Macan 2-3 years ago, specifying the car in detail was made easier by being sat in a small private room with a (very) large screen connected to a computer running the configuration software. Changing any physical aspect of the configuration (colour, seats, wheels, trim etc) was reflected in the on-screen image, which could then be rotated etc to get a much better idea of the effect and the look.

When I first enquired about I-Pace and wanted to work up a specification, all the SE had to offer was a small and clunky iPad - a much more unsatisfactory and disappointing experience compared to the Porsche showroom - it's pretty tricky for 2 people to share using an iPad, especially when the SE seemed very reluctant to let go of it!

Now that I want to look at confirming my final I-Pace spec the question is: Did I just have a bad experience with my SE? Do most JLR dealers actually have a dedicated configuration room/screen? Or are they still living some years in the past?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Running an iPad is about as modern as you'll get. A dedicated specification suite is not really in Jaguar's DNA.

I'd have thought a watercolour artist to be more apt!!

G

·
I believe that the online configurator is a more sophisticated tool than the order entry system that the JLR sales executives have to use.
From my experience it seems that they have to manually transcribe the configurator option selections for order entry in their system, before they can register the order with JLR.
It is therefore important to check your order confirmation document very carefully indeed.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I watched my dealer configure mine. No, it wasn't as slick as the online configurator. But it wasn't manual either, it was a typical-looking biz app with lots of text on the screens, pretty fast and responsive. Then he printed out the config and, in a firm but friendly way, made sure I read it carefully before he put the ad sign-here in front of me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.