Jaguar I-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Early adopter issues!

I feel sorry for people but it's to be expected on a new car in a new factory.

Just look at Model 3 delays!

I know for some people this might be a deal breaker and will crush their hope and dreams - and I do feel for you - but if you are delayed then try and wait if you can!

I loved my F-Pace and miss it massively!

·
Registered
91 Posts
The Dutch dealer (did a demo drive) told me today that JLR is still prioritizing the orders and that the NL orders recently have been placed even before home market UK to guarantee delivery in 2018 (critical for Dutch EV tax regulations).

·
Registered
185 Posts
dave.jag said:
Just had it confirmed delivery hse end aug start sept so still 2 weeks early.deposit nov 16 confirmed may 2018
Just as a matter of interest does your HSE have black window surrounds?

My deposit was Nov 16 too .... my revised build December! - there really doesn't seem to be any logic to this at all.

G

·
Blackseries - I share your pain! Original build Jul 2018, with Aug delivery to dealer, was in good time for Sept 1st handover, but now that is shifted to Jan 30th 2019. Seems dave.jag is the lucky one of us here in the UK

·
Registered
148 Posts
Me too. A little vague but I had been told September build, October delivery, now December build January delivery. My sales guy is on holiday but hoping for test drive when he gets back, August 7th, and a more meaningful conversation on reason for delay.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Npbrum said:
Dealership in Stourbridge cant allow their demo cars on road unitil early sept? I have 'pulled' my deposit that I placed in May!
Did they give any reason why? I can't think of a reason why we in NL can make test drives but you in UK not.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Jelle v/d Meer said:
I can't think of a reason why we in NL can make test drives but you in UK not.
I can think of 2 or 3 possible reasons. eg it might be a LHD/RHD issue - not necessarily which side the steering wheel is on per se, but whatever differences in design the LHD/RHD change requires needs a different code base and the RHD one isn't ready yet. Or maybe the RHD version is being used as a testbed for whatever firmware tweaks are in the next version.

Or maybe there's some minor compliance issue that Dutch (and maybe other EU) JLR are happy to pass, but JLR in the UK are being stricter about.

I'm sure that there are other possibilities too. Mind you, it could be something as trivial as the fact that not all UK JLR dealerships have chargers installed as yet so they might have the demo cars, but can't charge them up yet :oops: . (I noticed two new (I think) Polar charging points at Cambridge Jaguar for instance on Friday just gone.)

G

·
My local dealer has two demonstrators standing idle, reportedly awaiting crucial factory 'updates' before the dealer can fully register them, and get on with customer drives - very odd. :(

G

·
mjc said:
My local dealer has two demonstrators standing idle, reportedly awaiting crucial factory 'updates' before the dealer can fully register them, and get on with customer drives - very odd. :(
Not really ... if the updates contain critical safety updates! or some systems were deactivated and were waiting final software update.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.